·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
I'd be grovelling.

Pics???????????????

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Beg, borrow or steal the money to buy it. But, we do need some more info/pics, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Need a partner for the purchase? I'll go in 50/50 with you.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No go at least $300.00!:haha:
My dad already did. I offered $500.

As for the pic its on my mobile phone. I can't send email with it. If I could then they would be on here.

Story is the guy that sold it to my uncle had it given to me. If I lived in PA then I would have more info and pics.

Lucky Butthead! :twak:

·
Super Moderator
22,221 Posts
Very nice looking pistol for $200. It's not an original 1913/M1911, several parts have been changed, but it is well worth more than what was given for it, congratulations. :wink:

·
Administrator
21,348 Posts
Can you tell me from this picture what parts have been changed? I know nothing of 1911's, except that the fire .45s! :embarassed:
The grip safety and mainspring housing have definitely been changed out. A 1913 should have a flat mainspring housing and a more "abbreviated" tang on the grip safety. The grips also look to be plastic, IIRC the originals wore double diamond wood stocks. If I had to guess, it looks like it may have been a re-arsenal with the 1911A1 parts added if it's a GI gun.

OD will probably be able to point out 16 things I missed. :wink:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I am going to guess that the lack of original parts will bring down the overall value of the gun correct?

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
So I am going to guess that the lack of original parts will bring down the overall value of the gun correct?
Correct, but I'd still drop $200 bucks on it so fast your head would spin!!

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Maybe I'll head up there with a baseball bat for some convincing.
Baseball bat vs 45. Me thinks you'll lose, even if it is an old 45:embarassed:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Baseball bat vs 45. Me thinks you'll lose, even if it is an old 45:embarassed:
But I thought those big bullets went REALLY SLOW!! :gah: I could hit them back with the baseball bat. JK

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
inform your uncle that he got royally screwed on the deal, and give him two crisp one hundred dollar bills and insist that you, personally, take the gun back to the original seller and make things right! After all, it's the least a good nephew can do.:smile:

surv

1 - 20 of 23 Posts