1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
A 'clean machine'...niiiiiiiice!:yup::hand10:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Pretty sweet! Nice job! Moly resin is a new word for me. Tell me more.

·
Registered
107 Posts
very nice, but am i the only one seeing this pen holding it up haha. Is that like powerpuff girls or something??

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
very nice, but am i the only one seeing this pen holding it up haha. Is that like powerpuff girls or something??
Nah, looks like My Little Pony (I have a 7 Y.O. daughter).

Very nice job. That looks great.:hand10:

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's one sweet looking pistolo you got there.

Be Safe,

NosaM

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I like it. Great job and contrasting colors!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Very nice face lift... Cool lookin pistola, looks like a sweet shooter. :hand10:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Looks great, read the site though, not sure what exactly is does as a positive, is it as a lubricant more than anything?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is a lubricant, but for me, I just like the way it looks. It did a great job on my full size Rock Island to cover up badly scratched parkerizing, and on the HS it's covering up polished bare metal. I learned some good lessons doing the Rock Island, and this time the finish looks flawless on the HS. I tried my darndest to get the sights off of the slide so I could keep them black, but I don't have a vice and couldn't get the rear sight off for nothing. I beat on it for a good 30 minutes and it never budged. The front sight popped right out though. Oh well, I plan to change out the sights eventually anyway, I'll be sure to have a gunsmith do it though.

My first project.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice Pistol,and a excellent job refinishing it,can see you took your time and id it right! I do have one question? I'm assuming this is your daily carry and was just curious why you would change color from blk to a lighter color? Blk is just just much better for concealability in low light for defensive purposes,I know it's all personal taste,in in all you did a great job,if you have time give us all a small lesson on product and how you applied,is it same as applying Gun_Kote?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts