Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a leather outside the waistband holster for my newly purchased 1911 full size pistol. Probably want it for concealed carry , rather than open or range use. Suggestions/pics welcome of what you recommend.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Kelley Gunleather. :smile:

The OWB rig (left) is the most comfortable holster I own. Gun rides high & tight, in supreme security and comfort, all day long. Slips on and off the belt, instantly.

Their IWB rig (right) is about 97% as comfortable as the first one, but more concealable under an untucked shirt or a short jacket. High quality, realistic pricing.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Nelson, a sponsor in here makes excellent holsters. I have one of his OWB for my Glock 19. Excellent quality and very reasonable price.

Firearm Gun Revolver Handgun holster Starting pistol

I think the pancake design is most easily concealed.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Tucker Gunleather made me a very nice holster for my Commander.

Reactions: rocky

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Kelley Gunleather. :smile:

The OWB rig (left) is the most comfortable holster I own. Gun rides high & tight, in supreme security and comfort, all day long. Slips on and off the belt, instantly.

Their IWB rig (right) is about 97% as comfortable as the first one, but more concealable under an untucked shirt or a short jacket. High quality, realistic pricing.

Ooh, them's purty! I really like the black on black.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
My favorite accessible leather worker is Ryan Grizzle. Give him a shot. You won't be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
19,204 Posts
I've been thinking I'd look into this holster for use with 1911 guns when I'm over in the Fort Worth area. One of those "ain't got around tuit" things. I'd like to try before I buy.

I have a D. M. Bullard IWB holster for the Smith & Wesson Shield and I'm impressed with its quality and comfort.

Bodyguard Holster - D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg.

·
Super Moderator
19,204 Posts
Reactions: rocky
1 - 13 of 13 Posts