Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click Here Interesting Read - Add A Higher Cap Frame

I just spotted it on the web. The article is well written & the frame sounds like it's of nice quality. Enjoy...let us know what you think. Your opinions are always Vel...Come.

"Vel...Come"...I vas trying to sound like Count....Drag..uuuu....la. :dead:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Sounds intersting .. i think para still offers a kit like this to. Not sure if i would want to go to a wide body guess it depends how wide it is

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Other custom features provided by Nowlin included fitting the slide and frame to .001-inch clearance, adjusting the trigger pull to 3 3/4 pounds and hand-checkering the frontstrap to 30 lines per inch.

3 3/4 lb trigger on a carry gun?? :eek: Seems a little light to me. Not real fond of that "stupid" squared off trigger guard.

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Squared Trigger Guard

It's funny how the squared & checkered trigger guard was one of "The" custom modifications to have at one time & way back when. :cool:
Many a Colt frame trigger guard was cut and "welded up" in order to square the trigger guard and with an additional hook added to it also.
Shooting styles have changed.
I don't want to start any unfounded rumors but, I think Nowlin may have passed away fairly recently. :confused: At least that is what I heard. I don't have time to check it out this morning.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I like double stack - anything :smile: Plenty to get hold of!

If I was more heavily into 1911's I could well be tempted to try this sorta deal.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well the description of Firepower is a little scarey, afraid I could not handle that as well as say "top shooter Chris" :smile: It sounds pretty good but I will hang in there with my 1911, just a plain old shooter.

·
Administrator
143,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 1911

I still think that you can't beat the feel of a single stack everyday ordinary 1911 pistol.
Of course you could buy a 10 round capacity extended Mec-Gar magazine for your normal width 1911 or Clone pistol.
It sure would stick out the butt some so not good for "in pistol" carry but, it would make a nifty spare or extra magazine with 10 extra rounds available with one single magazine change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts