Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question, but I have wondered why striker fired pistols don't have a 1911 style trigger? For instance an XD with a grip safety, 1911 safety and trigger! I know I will hear about this, so I am looking forward to hearing from you guys and gals.

-- Richard

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Some do look up AMT backup.

most times the hammerless pistols are double action whereas the 1911 is single action. Since there are some that don't have manual safety they use the long trigger pull as as part of the safety.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, ranburr, think about the quality of pistol that could be produced by either Glock or Springfield if they decided to put a 1911 trigger in one of their pistols. Thanks for the answer, did you know one is for sale on gunbroker? Alchemy Arms Spectre 1911 Glock 45acp.

-- Richard

·
Registered
236 Posts
The 1911 trigger has no mechanical advantage, it is not a series of levers and fulcrums. That is why it is smooth. There is a straight line push and there is just one contact on the sear [which is the only pivoting part].

A double action trigger must have more levers, fulcrums and monkey motion. Some guns partially cock a striker and a pull of the trigger finishes firing. Some always leave a long trigger pull and the hammer does not stay cocked.

The 1911 trigger does just one thing, release the sear. This is true except for the Colt Series 80-90. Kimber uses the grip safety, so it has the simple trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts