Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 3 Kimber 1911's in the stable already I felt the need to go looking at 1911's today. Wanted something that was not a high end pistol and was thinking an RIA. Well what I found after handling many 1911's today was the Taurus PT 1911. If you would of told me I would buy a Taurus 1911 today I probably would have laughed at that idea, but it seems to be a pretty quality built gun. Will get out and shoot it in the morning. So here she is 1911 #4 for the collection. Sorry about the poor pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Whats MSRP on those things? $600 ball park.. I bet you could spent $100 and make that thing very very reliable.. They seem to have good reviews.

FWIW, there is a 'nutnfancy' review on youtube pointing out a lot of positive/negative points.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got the same bug, working on a Wilson Combat deal right now. I have a Taurus 1911.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
There is NO known cure guys... no sense in fighting it! :tongue:

I want an Ed Brown!

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep 6 bills and tax out the door. First thing I can see getting changed is that goofy hammer with the lock on top of it.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Looks like a temporary solution to a permanent problem to me...:rofl:

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I beat the 1911 disease, but now I have the lever action disease.
That's funny the money for this gun came from part of the money from selling one of my Winchester lever guns. It was an 1894 take down made in 1916 in 25-35. Gave a friend of mine a real good deal on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts

There is NO known cure guys... no sense in fighting it! :tongue:

I want an Ed Brown!
same here... the kobra carry is on my list... will i ever be able to get it? at approximately $2500... probably not...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I love my PT 1911 in stainless ,about 1000 rounds through it with zero problems .
I have a hankering for a Kimber now .:image035:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Nice...thin, good looking, AND a great personality

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got it real bad after I rented a springfield at the range.. the boss says I can maybe get one next month if I keeping making dinner while she works.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got it real bad after I rented a springfield at the range.. the boss says I can maybe get one next month if I keeping making dinner while she works.
Don't do it. You will not be able to stop at only one and you'll not be able to break the addiction:comeandgetsome:

Shot about 100 rounds through it today and it shoots real well. Only bad thing I can see is the marginal mags that come with it. The Wilson mags worked real well though. Nice gun for the money and pretty well pleased with my purchase at this point.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I started with a PT1911, got a Springfield black stainless, Para CCO. and finally a CBOB . I did , however sell the disease causing PT1911.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts