Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a pic of my first 1911! it's a kimber tle/rl II with meprolight sights. after carrying a compact glock i'm not sure how well i can carry this gun when/if it proves reliable at the range. picked it up for $600 from a neighbor

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sweet looking gun. I'm partial to no frills, old school 1911's without all the bells and whistles but that thing looks darn good.

clipse

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's a Kimber. You'll be able to trust it. Just make yourself comfy with the manual of arms and the fact that it is made to be carried Condition One and you'll love it.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
600 bucks from a neighbor huh ?? You must be goin' to church pretty regular. GREAT WEAPON---GREAT PRICE !!!!!!! ---------

·
Registered
521 Posts
WELCOME TO THE RANKS of 1911 carriers!:haha:
i really enjoy mine. (SA micro and Governmet models)

now to see if they breed on ya.:rolleyes:
my micro bred a government model within 7 months.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice Kimber, Not the easiest to carry with the rail and good holsters are hard to find for them so you might have to do some searching.

After some range time give us a range report on it. $600 bones is a pretty good price for a stainless TLE/RL.

ETA: I would also get either Wilson 47D's or Tripp Cobra mags ASAP for it to and loose the Kimber mag.

Ti.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Looks like a good canidate for a rail mounted light and given the duty of HD. Seems to have some extra's that could be a downer for CC, if your usto CCing a compact glock.

There are many here who carry the fullsize everyday, and love it. Defently get your self a quality belt and holster if you decide to CC it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Jeff,
congrats on the 1911. Sure is a beaut! With the proper holster & belt, you should have no trouble concealing it.
I'm sure Bruce, our resident simian 1911 guru will be along shortly. Oops - looks like Bruce beat me to it!

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
loose the Kimber mag.
I think that would depend on which vendor the magazine came from.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Jeff - looks like a great find - hope it'll perform well for you.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
GREAT PRICE on that rig!! You did VERY WELL!............Wilson mags work really well in that set up..I have a Pro CDP (My Avitar) and it functions flawlessly with em..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RSSZ said:
600 bucks from a neighbor huh ?? You must be goin' to church pretty regular. GREAT WEAPON---GREAT PRICE !!!!!!! ---------
yeah, he is being transfered (exiled?) to the DC area and wants to get rid of the few guns he has. heading out to the gun shop for some gold dots then off to the range

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome to the " cult" LOL

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
GREAT PRICE on that rig!! You did VERY WELL!............Wilson mags work really well in that set up..I have a Pro CDP (My Avitar) and it functions flawlessly with em..
I have to go along with the Wilson mags, 1911 good job

·
Registered
822 Posts
1911's are overrated. I don't know if I will ever fall for the hype over them or their variants that look the same but without the grip safety.

Wayne

Kimber Pro-Carry
Ballister Molina
Star Model Super 9mm Largo

:theyareontome:

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Wayne said:
1911's are overrated. I don't know if I will ever fall for the hype over them or their variants that look the same but without the grip safety.

Wayne

Kimber Pro-Carry
Ballister Molina
Star Model Super 9mm Largo

:theyareontome:
Get in the cage :hand5:

·
Registered
950 Posts
To the point, no non sense, that's what I like about my Milspec...not meant to be pretty just gets the job done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts