Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got back from the range with my new Sig P239. Shot a total of 125 rounds of mixed ammo with no hiccups what so ever. Overall i am very pleased...

I do however have one more question for you Sig owners.
I was reading some threads on other sites and heard alot of talk about some P239's slide to frame fit not being very tight. Almost like a rattle. Has anyone ever experienced this? Will this happen over time with the gun being broken in?

Thanks in advance!:wave:

·
Super Moderator
19,391 Posts
I have thousands of rounds downrange with my 220... no such loosening has occurred. I kinda doubt that will be a problem for you.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Both my 239's when shaken make a very slight jiggle sound - or rattle if you will - right out of the box. All the 239's I've handled also have it. It is just something inherent to that particular pistol. Don't worry, your 239's frame and slide are extremely well constructed and if treated properly the slide will not loosen up. Sounds like you were reading "BS" that some so called "GUN EXPERTS" love to put out to sound like they know something the rest of us dont. I'm no expert but I know a little about Sig quality and can tell you it's top line and the 239 is a great gun.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Enjoy your SIG and don't worry. Congratulations on having one of the best CCW weapons ever made! :wink:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a Sig 239 and it does rattle...the rattle effects nothing! As far as I know, 239 is the only Sig model that exhibits this rattle, but, don't worry about it. The 239 is a great gun, shoot it and enjoy it!

BTW: you didn't say whether yours is a 9mm or 40.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'll be darned. Just went and rattled my 239 .40 and, sure enough, there's just a tiny bit of a rattle when I shake it. Just over 500 rounds out of mine and zero issues. Enjoy your Sig!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wish i had one to rattle......:image035: Im a glock man but i do like the sigs. And the kimbers. And the rugers. And the h and k's.And the........nevermind. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Haven't had any issues with rattle. Only issues I had were at first, when it was still factory-fresh and it was next to impossible to manually rack the slide b/c everything was so tight. (No, I don't have weak hands.) But after a few hundred rounds, it eased up a bit and everything's perfect. Though I've still only shot about 1200 rounds or so through it, so it's just barely broken-in.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My P239 9mm is tight; no rattles no matter how hard I shake it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much for the responses. I guess its something that i wont worry about then.:smile: The pistol was a real tack driver yesterday. I am very impressed and pleased.
@freedomofchoice: it is chambered in 9mm.

Thanks again for the responses:wave:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Great CCW handgun, likely my next stable addition. A well made, very attractive and reliable handgun. Enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Mine has "The Rattle"! From what I've seen and heard it's considered normal. I know it sure hasn't hurt the accuracy of mine, and there is no rattle with a loaded mag in the weapon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts