Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I sincerely hope his parents pay a very stiff price and penalty for this.
If you're going to teach your kid firearms safety and provide them with orientation to weapons, then do it right and tell them to never, ever touch one without you around.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
aw c'mon.. another story from Michigan.. what is wrong with you people!?
Which people you referring to? The People that post these Idiotic Stories,or the People that fail to secure their firearms

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
A good reminder for anyone who owns weapons: secure them; know where they are; ensure you children cannot gain unsupervised access under any conditions, until they're of a maturity in which the full and complete responsibility is well-understood. Gun-proof the children.

Age 6 isn't all that old. And it's practically an infant, if the parents have failed to instill any sense of what weaponry is all about in addition to the risks of such things.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which people you referring to? The People that post these Idiotic Stories,or the People that fail to secure their firearms
So you find the securing of firearms so kids don't get their hands on them "Idiotic" ? Maybe your part of the problem. I don't see any part of that story as Idiotic. Only replies like yours appear "idiotic" to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It seems like you might all be jumping the gun a little here.. The article stated that the police did NOT know where the child got the gun.. It may not have been a fault of the parents!! Unlikely, but we should probably wait for more info before calling for the parents public flogging!! :rolleyes:

Gary

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I think that we may need a brief reminder here...

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.\

Some members are getting close to 'insults'...let's cool it down a bit.

Consider this a fair warning.:yup:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
So you find the securing of firearms so kids don't get their hands on them "Idiotic" ? Maybe your part of the problem. I don't see any part of that story as Idiotic. Only replies like yours appear "idiotic" to me.
Cool your jets, buddy. I think he's saying the stories are idiotic, due to the idiocy contained therein.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You guys must not have kids. I had 18 apple boxes in the back of my walk in closet. They were stacked 3 high by 3 wide, so there were two rows. In the bottom box in the center of the back most row were some old Playboy magazines from the 60's. My kids told me years later (like 20) how when they were in first/second grade they and their local playmates use to laugh about all the naked pictures. I never went into those boxes and never even imagined the kids would. I learned that if it is in the house, even under lock and key, one of your kids will eventually find it. Before judging the parents, perhaps wait until more information is released.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have 2 children, a boy 6 yrs old and a daughter 11 yrs old. I realize in the post that I flamed out that it is possible the comment was meant a couple different ways and I may have jumped the gun. If I did then I'm a big enough man to admit a mistake and I appologize if that is the case. I take extra special care to make darn sure my kids (mostly my boy) doesn't get into things he shouldn't. That requires extra due diligence on my part and I do everything I can. Stories like this tug at my heartstrings because I do have children and I understand how precious life is. I was directly involved with the building of a Memorial playground in the honor of a local kindergartener( Shooting of Kayla Rolland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) after being shot by a classmate that snuck a .32 caliber handgun from his parents home in 2000. Being in 1st grade I am "assuming" the gun came from home, however I havn't heard an update and don't know that for sure. I was told that CPS is involved and the parents were being investigated. I am a little closer than most because my wife works for CPS. My wife was directly involved in the little Dominick( Dominick Calhoun, boy who died after beating in Argentine Township, wet his pants morning abuse began | MLive.com ) case. He is a 4 yr old boy that was beaten to death by his mothers boyfreind. I appologize if I may seem sensative to these stories, That's because I am. Combine that with all the other crap that goes on at the schools now and it tugs at my very core because it is senseless. If I offended anyone, again I appologize. It just needs to stop and it IS preventable.

·
Registered
18,772 Posts
I Bing guns all the time, but mostly I just Google them :)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
That Dominick story is one of the worst things I've ever heard. That's absolutely one of the saddest stories.

How on earth can a scum bag sink that low?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That Dominick story is one of the worst things I've ever heard. That's absolutely one of the saddest stories.

How on earth can a scum bag sink that low?
Lets just say that case is what made my wife change departments. You don't know the half of it and the other half I cannot discuss. SICK people!

·
Registered
419 Posts
The idiots who dont know how to put a potentially dangerous item out of reach of a 6yr old. There seem to always be some real morons coming from my home State as of late..

And the people I am referring to may not be the parents.. does it matter? Some adult or delinquent juvenile left a firearm where a 6yr old could get to it, OR gave it to them.. an even worse thought.

Point being, someone back up the line was and still is responsible for what happens to that firearm... they are the idiot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts