Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oy. Story includes everyone's favorite cliche from Milwaukee's mayor, Tom Barrett (not a fan of this guy, btw):
"This has always been one of my concerns (with the concealed-carry law) — that things like road rage could turn out like the wild, wild West," he said. "Here we are."

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Rant, not at OP, at politicians and antis:

Ok, so it happens once in a great while... Docs and nurses steal drugs from hospitals occasionally too... Guess we should ban all access to drugs, period.

Also, there are so many gang-related shooting everyday... Lets maybe work on that issue.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
These two idiots would have engaged each other with OR without CCW permits. Neither should be allowed to CCW again.IMHO

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The question now is, what would you do in this situation? If you were sitting on the side of the road and somebody shot at you and sped off?

I think I would just call 911 and be prepared if they came back.
Yeah, there were several weird elements to the story as reported.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
The question now is, what would you do in this situation? If you were sitting on the side of the road and somebody shot at you and sped off?

I think I would just call 911 and be prepared if they came back.
Chasing after the vehicle prolonging a gun battle shooting at a moving vehicle shooting at tires or driver of vehicle, how many ways can it go wrong?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Even without the CCW permits. Would the gun fight still happen ??
I think the underlying point the good Mayor is trying to make is: without a CC permit, neither of these jerks would have had guns in the first place.

·
Banned
732 Posts
There will always be those who should not possess a firearm, just as there are those who should not drive, operate dangerous equipment, etc. These very isolated incidents are the price a free society pays in order to enjoy these liberties. The alternative is infinitely worse.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The last thing I would do is follow them. Hopefully I could get a good description of the vehicle and the license plate. In this situation I would think you should call 911 and stay put or drive to the nearest police station.

·
Super Moderator
19,463 Posts
OK, so they had carry permits - I bet they had drivers licenses, too. Does this story prove something about people with drivers licenses? My point (anger directed at the headline writer and reporter) is that these nitwits were irresponsible in multiple ways, which has nothing to do with whether they had any sort of state-granted official permissions.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,852 Posts
If it were up to me, they would both lose their permits permanently and both go to jail for terminal stupidity.

Reactions: digitalexplr
1 - 20 of 75 Posts