Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I just got a S&W Tactical 45 model number 4513TSW a couple months ago. When I got S&W's new 2005 catalog this gun was not in there, just a 9MM and a .40 Tactical....not the 45. Anybody know why?

2. I also have a Bersa Thunder 380 and I just love this gun. I see that they are coming out with a CC model and I cant find anything about this gun. I think it will be out the end of October. Anybody else but me interested in this gun?

BTW, this is my first post so bear with me :chairshot

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome again HV. :smile:

Cannot comment on the Smith but - I do have a duo-tone Thunder and find it a very likeable gun. Mine has performed perfectly and could well be it may become my wife's carry tho for now she still has her (my old) M85 snub as a purse gun.

I tend to prefer to stoke that gun with just plain ol' FMJ as against HP ammo - I don't think HP will do a whole lot more, plus the fact that FMJ is that tad more reliable on feed IMO.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Bersa seems nice, but have hear reports of em wearing out if you shoot em aloot. Maybe some owners who shoot em a bunch can tell ya more. As for the .45 tac. , who knows, maybe they are replacing it with the M&P.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
hear reports of em wearing out if you shoot em a lot
Rocky - you may be right - but I do regard any handgun based on an aluminum frame as (relatively), shoot reasonably but not too excess - and maybe carry a lot.

I doubt that any Al frame gun will get close to the longevity of a steel thru and thru - but with some moderation I think they will hold up just fine - not therefore a regular high thruput range plinker but more just practice generously, then carry.

My Rohrbaugh R9 is in this category - made to be a defence weapon that will easily conceal and yet still deliver a 9mm message.!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the Bersa Thunder I was asking about, they have a new model of 380 coming out this month called the Thunder Concealed Carry. It is also a 380 but a bit smaller and all black. I seen it on their website. I asked my local gun store to get me one. Wondering if anybody else has heard of it or seen one at a gun show. It looks pretty sweet to me for a small gun.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not seen about that HV but even if all that was around was the Thunder I have - I'd say it was well concealable as it is.

On the rare occasion mine does go out it is in a fanny pack. A bit smaller I guess would be no bad thing if performance is still up there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also have a Thunder 380 and I am very happy with it. I haven't shot thousands of rounds through it and I doubt I will.
I also put a clipdraw on the slide and it works pretty slick.

Edit-That's not my gun or me in the pic.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Bersa Thunders - If you're going to CC it and you aren't on a budget, get two, shoot one, test fire the other one to make sure it's okay, then carry one and shoot the other. It'll probably take a few thousand rounds before there's any trouble.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
The CC hasn't been released as far as I know. Its smaller but at what price The Hammer has been cut down along with the tang. I wonder will the new Bersa suffer from slide bite like the PPK. The sights are very small. They also shortend the barrel. Which equals slower bullet and 380 not a power house as is. Weight is down couple oz. That means more recoil on this blow back pistol. I like my Thunder and think I'll keep it. Come visit at bersatalk.com

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
This Michael T is probably the 2nd to 4th most knowledgeable expert on the Bersa line. I know a little, and know that it is one heck of a gun. Very few problems. 95% + come out of the box without a hickup. VERY few need slight adjustments, and it has a lifetime warranty for the first owner. I carry it. It's light and hella fun to shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts