·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thread Closed

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Scenario A. I would stop turn and yell STOP, DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER....

Scenario B. I Would do the same thing as you. Pull and shoot. He ramped up the use of force.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
No one knows for sure what would happen, or how one would react. I really hope and pray this kind of thing never happens to me.

My thoughts about the first case is if he moves toward that firearm in his waist band I would draw and fire.

If he moved away or makes no treating moves, I would go for distance and call 911, because there most likely will be others coming his way for him to pick on.

My thoughts are in the second case I would draw and fire until the threat was over.

As for as telling the law about the bad guy's problem with his weapon, his real problem is the fact that he pulled the firearm on me or my love one etc.

If he is stupid enough to not have his firearm ready to fire when he pulls it on his victim then he needs to find a new line of work with less risk.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
In either scenario I would buy a lottery ticket because the odds are pretty damn close to one in a million

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
But, someone has one every jack pot ever offered.
Actually they don't, sometimes for several draws. That's why some of the pots are soooooo big.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
#1 Draw and cover
#2 Draw and shoot, sorry about his luck.

Both- call 911

·
8,501 Posts
Allot would depend on the vibe I was getting from guy A. Action beats reaction so when I saw the gun I'd start my draw. The rest would depend on his reaction to my draw.

Perp B gets popped until stopped.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In scenario A, I would continue facing him as I kept walking away, while at the same time shouting "Keep Away, Keep Away." I would look for a vehicle or something to provide some type of cover while doing all of this, and if I had the wife and kids with me, they would be ducked under the nearest cover I could find. If the man made any move towards his gun, I would draw and shout commands to drop his weapon, need help - - - try to get as much attention drawn my way as possible. And obviously, having the wife or anyone else nearby call 911 ASAP.

Scenario two, difficult to say 'exactly' what the right thing would be, but if I were confident he was not going to get a shot off, I would draw and fire until the threat was stopped. Call 911 afterwards and report that we were held at gunpoint by the bad guy.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
In scenario A, I would continue facing him as I kept walking away, while at the same time shouting "Keep Away, Keep Away." I would look for a vehicle or something to provide some type of cover while doing all of this, and if I had the wife and kids with me, they would be ducked under the nearest cover I could find. If the man made any move towards his gun, I would draw and shout commands to drop his weapon, need help - - - try to get as much attention drawn my way as possible. And obviously, having the wife or anyone else nearby call 911 ASAP.

Scenario two, difficult to say 'exactly' what the right thing would be, but if I were confident he was not going to get a shot off, I would draw and fire until the threat was stopped. Call 911 afterwards and report that we were held at gunpoint by the bad guy.
Just about what i'd do......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Scenario A:
Scenario A:

Personally... I would yell stop, do not come any closer! If near my car , I would hit the panic button on my key chain. The flashing lights and horn should draw attention from potential outside help. Next distance and cover behind a car engine is your friend in a situation like this...while maintaining visual contact with the potential BG. I would also be looking around to see if their are any accomplices. I would not reach for my weapon unless I could conceal my draw or the BG went for his.

Scenario B:
I would move draw and fire...movement should cause the BG to have to react giving you a momentary chance to unholster.

Both scenarios dial 911!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts