Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
NFA AOW so not many people make them ...A few compaines I know stock or carry AOW pen and cane guns start there

Reach out to a SOT and see what they can do

It would be pricy ..As most can guns are pre 1934 and in some old black powder and weird rimfire rounds ...

It seems they have made repo black powder 36 ball cane guns so that might be the best bet..

Most of what you will find are going to be some weird pin fire Euro 9mm guns that they have not made ammo for in a very long time ..

Either way unless you go black powder or some old pin fire jobs your looking at NFA paper work a 5 buck tax stamp etc etc and all that ..And thats if you could find one

Most I have seen are in pistol rounds or mabe 410

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
The good news is the AOW tax stamp is only $5, but it's a process to get your stamp.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
I mean frankly if your going that way I rather get it in 22lr and make it into a silencer gun that would be fun ...I rather not fire a modern shotgun round above 410 bore in a cane ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone that makes any caliber shotgun in a cane,or is it possible?I figured 22lr was too small a caliber,but I'd want some thing that could do a lot of damage at close range.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Is it an AOW? Presumably the barrel would be over 18" if it is in a cane. And it would be over 26" overall (at least my canes are).

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
You could look for a "bang stick" (for sharks & gators) that typically fires a .357 magnum and shorten it to walking stick length. Either that or go with a black powder .36 cal reproduction to avoid the NFA AOW.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is it an AOW? Presumably the barrel would be over 18" if it is in a cane. And it would be over 26" overall (at least my canes are).
It's not the length that makes it qualify in this case. It's the fact that it's considered a disguised device. It doesn't look like a shotgun.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
What's an AOW?
The type of weapon you want to make is regulated under the 1934 National Firearms Act. A cane gun is an "Any Other Weapon," and requires an application to BATFE to manufacture or purchase. You apply and pay your fee, BATFE eventually processes your application, you get a tax stamp that authorizes you to manufacture or purchase the device you told them about.

That's kind of the oversimplified version.

Without complying, you are committing a federal crime and probably a state-level felony.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts