Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8_fzqUAb-2A

Seems like doubletap has a winner here ....the 40 S&W has been looked over as late ... But it handles heavier projectiles than the 9mm Luger and is faster and takes up less space than my favorite 45acp
They have been making those before you ever heard of Underwood or Buffalo Bore got popular.

I have tried for years to dup their 180 Nosler load at 1100 fps without blowing my self up, but have so far only achieved 1040-1060ish.
But hell, I reckon that's good enough for this dumb ol country boy without all that fancy pressure measuring instrumentation or blended powders:)

I knock a good sized buck down hard with their 180 weight Nosler load fired at 10-13 yards from a G22.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 40 S&W, energy wise , is simlar to the 44 Spl .. but with higher pressure ..

The 40 S&W is a versitile round .. 135gr to 200gr .. .... Top notch SD round , outdoors, hiking & woods carry option....

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Impressive but a little heavier than I would be comfortable with in .40 at those speeds,,,margin for error is mighty small in that case with that much lead stuffed in it, 180 is as heavy as I like to shoot and I favor the 155 & 165 rounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts