Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Trump did it - he won. We are extremely lucky. Clinton would sell Jesus Christ for 30 pieces of silver.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Meh. I still think it was a choice between cancer and ebola. Ebola has won. Probably our guns are little safer now but I'm a little dubious about the rest. For decades I've felt this looming sense of dread over the inevitability of HilClin being president- now that she's toast it's hard to process. And I can't help feeling like we just went of the frying pan and into the fire.

I wonder if the distributors and dealers will lower ammo prices now or gin up some other reason to keep them high?

I'm trying to be positive. America is resilient, we will endure! It will be interesting to see how the state races play out.
You don't sound very positive. The point is we made a change! I certainly have my concerns but at least we have a chance. The alternative was very bleak. As for HRC! She is done! No more clintons. That in itself excites me.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Meh. I still think it was a choice between cancer and ebola. Ebola has won. Probably our guns are little safer now but I'm a little dubious about the rest. For decades I've felt this looming sense of dread over the inevitability of HilClin being president- now that she's toast it's hard to process. And I can't help feeling like we just went of the frying pan and into the fire.

I wonder if the distributors and dealers will lower ammo prices now or gin up some other reason to keep them high?

I'm trying to be positive. America is resilient, we will endure! It will be interesting to see how the state races play out.
I'm just glad that the SCOTUS will be more conservative towards the 2A issues .... unless a few "Roberts-type" are appointed.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
First time since 1928 the Republicans have held the WH, and the Majority in both the House and Senate. Quit whining as it just doesn't get any better than that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
When she conceded I knew the dead had voted . I opened a half gallon of not as good whisky as I make myself , filled old "Fred " up to his pelvis , and played Big And Rich '8th Of November' so loud that SOH awakened from her slumber and informed me that she was happy with the election results . AND .......... She had 2 more hours to sleep before she had to get ready for work . Any further loud celebrations on my part would result in my jug being broken over my head .
(shssss) i'm very quietly celebrating .

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
THANK YOU TO ALL SECOND AMENDMENT SUPPORTERS! Our votes made a difference!

Now watch President Zero initiate a raft of illegal actions in his waning days. We must remain vigilent!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
You don't sound very positive. The point is we made a change! I certainly have my concerns but at least we have a chance. The alternative was very bleak. As for HRC! She is done! No more clintons. That in itself excites me.
Well, I'm trying to be positive. The good news is that we won't have HilClin. But Trump is bad news enough. I'm happy my guns are safer but not I'm worried about my job, my retirement and my healthcare. If it all goes to pot at least I'm old enough to say I had a pretty good run.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Well, I'm trying to be positive. The good news is that we won't have HilClin. But Trump is bad news enough. I'm happy my guns are safer but not I'm worried about my job, my retirement, and my healthcare. If it all goes to pot at least I'm old enough to say I had a pretty good run.
I wish someone could tell you that it will all be good. The fact is none of us can. But IMHO we are all winners this morning. Time to make some positive history now.

I am thankful for God & Country, Family & our constitution, President Trump and all who made him victorious over her.

But most of all, our king is drawing last breaths and may we move at warp speed as we progress as a Nation, as I leave behind the worst eight years of my life, and possibly the worst eight years spent for our Country.

Thanks to the Mods, for the generous latitude and all of us who kept the line taught but also real. I apologize if I was ever out of bounds during times of pressure with the election.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Texas must have had a bad run- the last eight years have been pretty awesome in MN and SD. Gun rights actually expanded in those years with enhanced permits and the potential to carry on campus in SD and the legalization of suppressors in MN. Nationally the Dow hit an all time high we had about as close to full employment as we have at any time in my entire life.

Reactions: Dougb

·
Registered
475 Posts
I worked 72 hours a week and spent over 7k for guns, ammo, etc over the past 3 months. I was about to buy some more AR lower as soon as Hilary won, but now I can rest easy.
Well the 7K figure makes me feel a little better. Although I am too afraid to actually add up my total. I'll rest easy--and let me credit cards and bank account rest east too.

·
Registered
405 Posts

We now have a President that truly believes in the free market. It can only get better, cuz it sure can't get worse!

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Nope ....

* What will Obama try to do between now and when he leaves office ?
* Will some liberal Justices on the Supreme Court try to hear some cases so decisions can be rendered before a new Justice is appointed ? The Liberals were obviously trying to get several cases thru the Court of Appeals and ready to go to the Supreme Court as soon as Hillary was elected and could appoint a new Justice, who hated guns.

* What Justice will Trump recommend ?

Too many "if's " out there right now. But it definitely won't be anti-gun pro-ban Hillary doing it.... that's all good. And Trump is pro-2A, so that's good.... but he's also not in office yet.

·
Registered
606 Posts
We now have a President that truly believes in the free market. It can only get better, cuz it sure can't get worse!
Actually, Trump has made statements that go contrary to the idea of free markets. He has repeatedly stated he wants protectionist policies on American goods and services. The Globalists (including most of the GOP) consider his position to be anti-free trade.

Trump's appeal lay in his lowering taxes and sparking growth in manufacturing, mining, and infrastructure. His ideas on limiting the ability of companies to go offshore for their labor and sheltering money may indeed, kick-start the economy, but they fly in the face of the concept of "free trade."

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
All true.

We have won a major battle but the war is not over. We have won a chance to right the ship of state, bind up our wounds, and hopefully get things back on track and moving in the right direction.

For right now though, where did I put that eggnog?:smile:

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
This may sound bad, but I voted for Trump for one lone reason. All I care about is who Trump nominates for SCOTUS. I don't really care about what ever else he does or about his other policies that can be overturned by the next President or whoever controls the Senate...

Now we just need Justice Ruth Ginsburg to do the country a favor by keeling over and dying.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.