Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been avoiding purchasing .22lr ammo for years because hoarders and opportunists have run the prices though the roof. Just checking the weather out there. Manufacturing has been of little help through all of this, for reasons known only to themselves.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't know if it is or not...but, I DO know that there is no availability in my area and has not been for 4 years.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think we can call the current prices normal from now on. If you are in need of purchasing 22 ammo, the price is the price. I think 22 is still a bargain compared to even the cheapest 9mm. A round is a round.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last I saw some at a gun shop it looked like old stock bought at an estate sale and was priced stupid. Guess it's time to shoot up the stuff I have left and sell my Mk2 pistol.
Not going to pay stupid money for .22

·
Registered
453 Posts
Seems to be available in bulk quantities online @ ~7 cents a round.

I bought a couple of cases @ 2.5 cents around in 2007 but I have not or seen any at less then 7 cents since.

Ken

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Here it's available for 5-8 cents. Academy Sports, even Cabelas. Wally World is hit or miss.

·
Banned
19,633 Posts
I just bought 50K more 22lr in late Oct for 7.2 cents a round delivered. Anyone who can't find 22lr isn't looking hard enough. It's available all over the net if not locally.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I have been avoiding purchasing .22lr ammo for years because hoarders and opportunists have run the prices though the roof. Just checking the weather out there. Manufacturing has been of little help through all of this, for reasons known only to themselves.
There is not much of a shortage of most types of .22 LR. It is readily available on-line. Good plinking ammo can be found for as low as $.05/ round, no sales tax and with free shipping.

https://www.wikiarms.com/group/22LR

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Our local Cabelas has been a reliable source for me for months. Prices between .05-.10 per round. Much higher for the match grade stuff.

Reactions: oak1971 and SIGP250

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not too long ago, Gander had some on sale.
I think it was around $.06 a round.
They were limiting purchases to 40 boxes at a time...

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
I usually buy it when I find some on sale for $.06/round or less (delivered preferably).

I've picked up several thousand rounds over the past year or two. The lowest I have found is $17 for 325 ($.052/round).

I doubt we will see prices much lower than that in the future.

·
Super Moderator
19,197 Posts

Picked up one of these for $28.00 after tax at a Wal Mart in Eastland, Texas around mid-January.

Reactions: oak1971

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
I won't buy just any 22 ammo. If it's not the type that allows me the most accuracy from my rifles, it can rot for all I care.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I just bought 50K more 22lr in late Oct for 7.2 cents a round delivered. Anyone who can't find 22lr isn't looking hard enough. It's available all over the net if not locally.
I will leave it to you...it isn't worth that price to me.

Enjoy.:smile:

I reload centerfire, for that price.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Plenty of .22 ammo here in western North Carolina. Big box stores and local gun stores have it. I try and keep about 2,500 - 3,000 rounds in the safe. Prices are what they are.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used to shoot in a company pistol league. Most of us shot 22.'s, most of them Ruger mk2. A bunch of guys swore by Winchester standard velocity and refused to shoot anything else. I would buy the Winchester dynapoint bulk 500rnd copper plated for $11.00 at the K mart. They thought I was nuts, till I won, routinely posting in the range of 495-498 of 500 every week. Then they said it was the the gun. Sold the gun, bought a used mk1 and built a franken gun with with mk2 upper, which they said could not be done. Won 3 years in a row. Then got laid off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts