Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found plenty of .223 at the gun show today in Amarillo. Only $1,000 for 1000 rds. What a deal! How long can this go on? Didn't see anyone biting on this one. Yep, the ammo shortage is getting better?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lol thats the deal of a century right there...

Hopefullyno one paid for that. It was the same at the local gun show by me earlier this month...walked out empty handed

·
Banned
226 Posts
ours wasn't too bad this weekend, however the reloader tables were busier than ever and some were very proud of their Wolf small rifle primers.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Now that panic buying is in full force I am picking up .223 55gr., for 75 cents a round............. Oh well.......

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
some were very proud of their Wolf small rifle primers.
Don't scoff at Wolf SR primers. In my testing they gave the lowest velocity spread, tightest standard deviation, and were the most accurate of any primer.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'm only seeing .90-$1.00 a round prices in our area or online. We have about 1500 rounds, hoarding it for the civil war. :wink:
that's pretty much how it is here. the LGS's get a case of PMC, Tula, or AM Eagle 223 and sell 20rd boxes with a 1 box limit for 8 to 12 bucks a box. and one place is selling 100rd boxes of Eagle for $62 every so often. but usually what is found on the shelf in 5.56/223 here is heavy match grade stuff for well over a buck a round. I still get lucky with 223 at Walmart early in the mornings sometimes though.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
It is hard to reduce the amount of training that i would like to do but i refuse to feed the beast.My plan was to shoot .22 more ,that quickly went out the window.The AR may have to take a backseat for awhile.Could be the year for alot of defensive shotgun practice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts