Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know witch of this two would you use for every day the sig 228 13+1 or the 245 6+1 thanks :confused:

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
I've had both, and still have the 228. Great all-around carry or duty gun. The 245 is a manstopper as well, just that I couldn't get accustomed to the shorter grip frame on the 245..

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Left handed and i dont wanna retrain to use there funky decocker system and the slide stop is in the worst place

Nice guns i owned one less than a month and sold it just couldnt get confortable with it one of the few guns ive ever sold

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Bud White said:
Left handed and i dont wanna retrain to use there funky decocker system and the slide stop is in the worst place

Nice guns i owned one less than a month and sold it just couldnt get confortable with it one of the few guns ive ever sold
Ohhhhhh I'm a Lefty..BUT I always shoot right handed, and carry right handed...I can also do the lefty weak side just in case :biggrin:
NO Offence to you Bud, :biggrin: I just always saw the guys on TV shooting right handed, and I learned from that :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Im not that luckly i am really legt hand dominate do almost nothing with right hand but shoot ever now and then but still odd for me to do it weak hand more power to whoever can got either or with ease

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
Is there a reason why you are just looking at those two? Just wondering. Also any perticular use?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'd rather have the 228, but they're in short supply due to police and military issue.

Then again, they're only marginally smaller than the full-sized 226.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
P245 All The Way

mark228 said:
i want to know witch of this two would you use for every day the sig 228 13+1 or the 245 6+1 thanks :confused:
My Sig P245 is my primary daily carry weapon, with P220 mags as backup. I love the compactness and the reliability and the DA first shot. IMHO this prevents "stupid prosecutor tricks."

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
As Robert mentioned - the 226 is not a whole lot bigger than 228 and - certainly fills my own carry need nicely. But then I have imposed no size or weight restrictions in my choices - I happen to want full size and weight is no problem.

If I went the .45 route then a 220 would be good for me.

Seems in essence here you have to make a caliber choice first - then the platform size you wish to go with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts