Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34,001 Posts

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
I hope the folks in Florida don't mind having an Ultra-Conservative from NYC as their new neighbor??---Sturgis
Surely you jest!

·
Registered
935 Posts
It was 19 here this morning and I had the fun of busting holes in the ice for the cows. That's a job that usually waits until Feb, but not this year - it's gonna be a long, miserable Winter - especially for a hot weather person.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Reactions: Old Man

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I feel your pain!!!!
92 yesterday 38 today. Dogs have been looking at me crossed eye everytime I show them the door to go pee.
Our dog doesn’t pee on our door, did they just start doing that or did you show them first? Where I’m from we still teach the dog to go outside even when it’s cold :yup:

I’m loving this cold weather, bring it on! :danceban:

Finally got some yard work done without passing out due to -> Climate heating up cause y’all eat cows and ride in air planes! Bwwaaa ha ha haaaa

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Supposed to be 28F tonight plus the added bonus of 25-30 mph winds and I am only 9 miles from the Gulf of Mexico!:hand1:
That is no good! Ruins my idea of Lower Alabama! That is where I go to escape the cold.

It was nine degrees this morning here in Mid-MO. I was outside before sunup messing around and was able to assist the neighbor with a vehicle that was contrary to start. He thought he could put off replacing his battery...…… Glad that silliness with the artic blast this early will pass in the next few days. The Missouri firearms deer season starts this Saturday and I would just as soon as not have to place a heater in my blind. Never have had to before, but I am getting o-o-l-l-d-d-d. Ha, ha, my wife says that I was 75 when she married me and I haven't got any younger. That was over 42 years ago, so I guess I'm 117 now.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
That is no good! Ruins my idea of Lower Alabama! That is where I go to escape the cold.

It was nine degrees this morning here in Mid-MO. I was outside before sunup messing around and was able to assist the neighbor with a vehicle that was contrary to start. He thought he could put off replacing his battery...…… Glad that silliness with the artic blast this early will pass in the next few days. The Missouri firearms deer season starts this Saturday and I would just as soon as not have to place a heater in my blind. Never have had to before, but I am getting o-o-l-l-d-d-d. Ha, ha, my wife says that I was 75 when she married me and I haven't got any younger. That was over 42 years ago, so I guess I'm 117 now.
It's hard to imagine a 19 F (with wind chill) tonight on the beach in Lower Alabama:blink:

Reactions: Sister and Old Man

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Amazes me how -23 in Wisconsin didn’t feel as cold as 30 in lower Texas. True what is said about a wet cold being colder than a dry cold. The wet cold hurts down to the bones whereas up in Wisconsin I was out in it shoveling the walk of fluffy snow for CWO to go to work early. I seriously loved that dry cold and playing in it, fun stuff!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We're in Texas also and it's been colder this month than the last few years that I can recall and it's not even winter yet.

·
Registered
34,001 Posts
I just mowed the lawn while wearing t-shirt and shorts. It was a bit cooler than normal.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
I had my patio door open pretty much all day today. Cant ask for better weather.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Amazes me how -23 in Wisconsin didn’t feel as cold as 30 in lower Texas. True what is said about a wet cold being colder than a dry cold. The wet cold hurts down to the bones whereas up in Wisconsin I was out in it shoveling the walk of fluffy snow for CWO to go to work early. I seriously loved that dry cold and playing in it, fun stuff!
Yesterday when I started work it was 20f with no clouds. By the end of my shift it was 45f with clouds so no rays from the sun and the snow melted so there was moisture in the air. That felt alot colder.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts