Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas through new years finds us solid on condition yellow. Threats from terrorist groups keeping us globally on alert.

Here is a posting of terrorist events around the globe which happen during the first & after midnight 2016 to 2017. We can reflect and re-evaluate next year. Add events you are aware of or comments.

35 killed and 40 wounded in New Year's attack on Istanbul night club | Fox News
attack on Istanbul night club
Published December 31, 2016 FoxNews.com

ISTANBUL (AP) – An armed assailant who is believed to have been dressed in a Santa Claus costume opened fire at a nightclub in Istanbul during New Year's celebrations, killing at least 35 people and wounding 40 others, according to Istanbul's governor and Turkey's state-run news agency.

NewIstanbul397_2016.jpg

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I just wish we could identify some commonality between all of these horrific incidents. We know they are generally perpetrated by males between the ages of 18 and 35. Is there anything else that ties them together? ANYTHING??? :mad:
They're angry about being ripped off by their cable service company?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I just wish we could identify some commonality between all of these horrific incidents. We know they are generally perpetrated by males between the ages of 18 and 35. Is there anything else that ties them together? ANYTHING??? :mad:
How about the fact that they have been in contact with certain people who are encouraging violence? I noticed that the one who drove the truck into the crowd over in Germany didn't have his chin strap beard grown out yet but he was working on it. If you hear them going around yelling akbar and stuff like that you might want to try to avoid them. I think they have a terrorists handbook if you are really interested in what they look like. I have noticed that most of them really don't go by the book that much. You just don't see them carrying the recommended machete. This is called profiling and a lot of people raise hell if they the police do that.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I could tell you, but if you have not figured it out by now.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
ISIS has claimed responsibility for this shooting. They are promoting these kinds of so-called "lone wolf" attacks in their media. ISIS has been associated with 70 terrorist attacks outside of their home territory (Syria and Iraq) dating from 2013 on. Death toll over 2,500, injured over 4,500. Not all have been "lone wolf," but all are "inspiring" to people who think this way.

I think the age group of 18 to 35 is a prime age range for this kind of thing. Any younger, people might not have the independent resources and commitment. Any older, even if they are Islamists, they are probably too old and wise to do something like this themselves. Better to convince the younger generation. For any society, that is the age range where people are recruited to go in harm's way for their community, for right or wrong.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I won't let these religious zealots impede my life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts