Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What loads are you guys running with this heavy tip? None of my manuals have anything over 230g, and I have yet to check out any websites.

J

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I'm not positive but that may be for 45 long colt not 45 acp,whats the diameter of the bullet,if it's over.452 I would bet its for the colt

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I found a few loads for the 250grain Hornady 250grain bullet

http://www.reloadammo.com/45cload.htm

As noted when you scroll down to the load you want there is a NOTE OF CAUTION WITH THE .452 JACKETED BULLET..Looks like a very high pressure load to me.

I cannot find a load in any of my books for a .452 bullet OTHER THAN LEAD... All jacketed loads are for .451 bullets..for handgun rounds...

OMO
bosco

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
The 45 long colt uses a .454 bullet diameter,if that bullet is .454 diameter it will not work in a 45 ACP

·
Registered
168 Posts
Either I've been living in a cave for 40 years, but in all this time of shooting, I've never heard of this weight bullet for the .45 ACP.

It might me due to the fact that I don't reload and are not up to date, or the info.the OP provided is just wrong.

Bruce

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
That bullet if it is .451 may of been developed for the 45 win mag "winchester magnum"case,the LAR grizzly was the first gun IIRC to chamber that round

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
....maybe he's got a wildcat .45? kinda like .45super?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Those Hornady tips that boscobeans mentioned were
the ones I was looking into.

Thanks guys!

I'll be looking into the 45 LC when I pick up one of these new Taurus Judges soon.

J

·
Registered
408 Posts
I shoot 250g .452 lead round nose bullets in my 1911 for IDPA. I like the shofter feel of the recoil.

PM if your need a load for it - sorry i don't shoot jacketed

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
wow, that is a big one for the old 1911a1. but if it is around .452 then it should work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts