Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun March Organizer Now Calling for Citywide Civil Disobedience
by Will Sommer on May. 8, 2013

My Comments: Not the best way to win friends and influence enemies.

The July 4 armed march on Washington just got a little more interesting. A day after telling City Desk that he would still try to enter Washington with a loaded gun, rally organizer Adam Kokesh changed tactics. Now, he wants citywide civil disobedience over whatever law participants consider unconstitutional.

"This is now a call for mass civil disobedience on July 4th anywhere in Washington, DC," Kokesh writes on his march's Facebook event page. "Break whatever unconstitutional law you choose."

Gun March Organizer Now Calling for Citywide Civil Disobedience - City Desk

·
Registered
632 Posts
breaking unconstitutional laws is written in the constitution, an armed march sounds terribly exciting, to bad im on the other side of the country.

Breaking the law is the wrong way to protest and is not going to end well; our government may not be perfect, but I still have faith in it and it certainly worked as advertised last month.
you can not throw off the chains of tyranny by following the laws of the opressors.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Breaking the law is the wrong way to protest and is not going to end well; our government may not be perfect, but I still have faith in it and it certainly worked as advertised last month.
How so?

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Registered
265 Posts
Probably way too much risk for too little upside. Take it from someone in the state where one side went crazy and behaved badly in protest. The public employee union protestors in Wisconsin turned off many more people with their uncivil and childish behavior than they won over to their side. It also galvanized the support on the opposite side, basically epically backfiring on the union supporters and liberals.

Don't be like the liberals, use our heads, not react on emotions all the time.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Not against something like this. Its been a way to right wrongs for many a year but it would be nice if they picked one law to protest instead of just any unconstitutional law you want. Seemed to work better in the past if its focused on one thing at a time/

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
IMO this could produce some people who have the IQ of a door knob thus creating a very dim view of law abiding pro gun support. Watch many different ways the administration is hobbling around right now because of moronic choices. I myself will continue to conduct myself as a mature person untill there is no choice but right now we are gaining on almost every front and I would hate to see all that go down the crapper and as I said before I will not bow down. Thats just a old guy who has seen to much in the past

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
This sounds like a weak attempt at a one-size-fits-all protest-cause-we-really-don't-have-a-clue-what-we're-doing. As Forest Gump so aptly put it "stupid is as stupid does".

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
As much as I hate the direction that this country is headed, I don't think that an armed march on DC is a smart move at all.

The subverters in government would like nothing better than to use an incident like this as an excuse to further restrict our rights....all in the name of "peace and safety" of course.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As much as I hate the direction that this country is headed, I don't think that an armed march on DC is a smart move at all.

The subverters in government would like nothing better than to use an incident like this as an excuse to further restrict our rights....all in the name of "peace and safety" of course.
Now is the time for cool and calm planning for the massive backlash that will come from all Constutionally Law Abiding Citizens. We just have to keep organizing it.

Most of you LEO should understand that simple statement. If you do not................. well, um, read the paper with words
that the Oath you swore to was printed on, 'at the time you swore to it'.

God knows our D.C. elected officials have openly laughed and denied the Oath when they tooke it, but they do live amungst us, like you do.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Like I said in the other thread about this event, I will not be there, and I do not support it. Now, the march being put together for the day before this one, shows promise and may be just the outlet we need. I'll be looking for updates on that one, and if it does happen, I may very well be there.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
This is too early. We're still several bus boycotts away from Selma.
Exactly.

IMO, once millions are documented as marching in protest on the issue in their state capitols, and when serious organization and forethought occurs for any sort of common "national" protest in DC, then perhaps it'll have the desired effect. A few thousands can be rounded up and hung out to dry for their "crimes." A few million won't be able to be stopped, particularly if it's smartly done and part of a larger unstoppable tide demanding the oath-breaking and unconstitutional finagling ceases.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

Same can be said of a thousands-plus type march in direct violation of felony statutes. When it's a millions-plus thing, it'll begin to be impossible to stop the tide. Not until then, though, IMO.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Adam Kokesh is a spoiled brat from a filthy rich family. Kokesh was dinged by the USMC for protesting the Iraq war in uniform. He should have gotten a less than honorable discharge from the USMC for insurbordination.

Kokesh will soon be bailed out of the DC jail by his rich dad. Many of his followers will be left rotting in the DC jail.

Adam Kokesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
158 Posts
Adam Kokesh is a spoiled brat from a filthy rich family. Kokesh was dinged by the USMC for protesting the Iraq war in uniform. He should have gotten a less than honorable discharge from the USMC for insurbordination.

Kokesh will soon be bailed out of the DC jail by his rich dad. Many of his followers will be left rotting in the DC jail.

Adam Kokesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exactly. When you don't have to worry about your personal finances and supporting your family, it's easy to have a "we should break the law!" mentality.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Watch it folks, we are treading into class warfare territory. They guy is an idiot, but his financial status has nothing to do with it.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts