Defensive Carry banner

2A - More Lies and Drivel from MSLSD...................They know they are loosing!

853 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  sliderbk 
#1 ·
Newsbusters.org

My Comments: Wow, they are desperate to get that ban on high capacity Mags! And none of these ABC, CBS, NBC, MSLSD Talking Heads have a clue which end of a weapon to not point in their own faces............... Keep up the pressure!!!!!!!!!!

.....The mass murders in Newtown, Connecticut, and Aurora, Colorado, and Tucson, Arizona, were all made much more murderous thanks to the members of Congress and lawmakers around the country who have done everything that they can to make sure that when our mass murderers enter a movie theater or a shopping mall or an elementary school, they will be able to go in there with high-capacity magazines.

Read more: MSNBC's O'Donnell Blames Shooting Deaths on 'Cowardly Lawmakers' Opposing Gun Control | NewsBusters

#7 ·
I agree, it may seem like their major offensive has failed, but the left is adept at guerilla warfare as it pertains to sneaking in their agenda despite the will of the majority. One of their major tactics is sneaking in little laws here and there via somewhat or completely unrelated bills. The entire background check, especially on the point of mental health, is one of the avenues they will use.

They will use taxes on ammo and firearms, liability insurance requirements, and a hundred other things to eventually squeeze the common law abiding citizen out of their right to bear arms.

Other methods legislators employ to sneak past constitutions are crafting bills with poorly defined key terms, then wielding the verbiage to mean whatever they say it means, and worse, whatever the judges they appoint say it means. Legislation from the judicial bench has to stop.

There should be an amendment to the U.S. Constitution stating something to the effect that when there is disagreement about the true meaning of a law, instead of allowing the judicial branch to interpret the law, they offer an opinion which legislators must vote upon. I am sure that scheme could be abused as well, but at least we would have elected officials determining what laws mean instead of appointed judges.

"Shall not infringe" means just that...and this administration is infringing on the 2nd Amendment like they do not have anything else to do. Speaking of which, we have not had an approved budget in years, so all of the current activity around guns should be a clear indicator of the priority of gun control.

#3 ·
.....The mass murders in Newtown, Connecticut, and Aurora, Colorado, and Tucson, Arizona, were all made much more murderous thanks to the members of Congress and lawmakers around the country who have done everything that they can to make sure that when our mass murderers enter a movie theater or a shopping mall or an elementary school, they will be able to go in there with high-capacity magazines.
Along with that statement needs to be...... there are TWO things present in all these mass shooting. A nut case looking to cause violence and they have a gun. Remove the gun you still have a NUT causing violence but remove the nut and the gun will do nothing without the nut to pull the trigger.

Common sense tells me it's not the gun that we need to remove. The GG needs to gun to protect themselves from the nut wanting to cause violence by what ever means.

But this whole thing we are seeing with the anti's has nothing to do with the mass shootings of common people (they are expendable). They actually want the mass shootings to help with the getting rid of guns in the masses. They have to get the guns out of the people's hands to forces their (Government's) will on them. This has always happened in past history and Government take overs and that is what we are seeing in the US today.

Once the gun is gone you will comply or die.

I have come to the conclusion we are being played. Both Dem's and Rep's are on the same side, their playing good cop bad cop on us, making us think we have a choice. But both sides are Progressive thinking, the Constitution means nothing to them as far as it being something to follow.

#9 ·
Along with that statement needs to be...... there are TWO things present in all these mass shooting. A nut case looking to cause violence and they have a gun. Remove the gun you still have a NUT causing violence but remove the nut and the gun will do nothing without the nut to pull the trigger.
And therein lies the problem. No law will ever remove the gun from a nut/criminal. They will always find a gun. Even if you took every single legal and illegal gun off the streets right now, the cartels and other profiteers would be smuggling them in as fast as they could. When there is money, there is a way. When there is a lot of money, there are a lot of ways.

Then, as everyone with any sense has noted from the beginning of time, only the outlaws will have guns.

#4 ·
GoSlow I have to agree with you. I still run into people that want to know why I need an AUTOMATIC Weapon. I take a deep breath and calmly explain an Automatic Weapon is difficult to purchase and that the AR's are all single shot.

The networks are doing everyone a disservice.

#5 ·
Myself,and a friend were out eating lunch one day.A lady we know joined us.We had been talking about the gun debates.I made a couple of statements about the AWS ban.So,here comes the old question,young lady what do you need with an AW?I told her,you answered my question with a question,not fair.Answer mine first.What i had said was this,i'm going on 29 yrs old.Beyond a couple of speeding tickets,my record is clean.So,please tell me,why can't i buy one?What reason is there,for me not to have one if i want it.She gave a blank stare,and couldn't give me an answer.

#6 ·
When faced with these questions from folks (and being accused of being a fanatic for not wanting ANY gun control laws), I simply begin talking about erosion of rights and the subtle attack on the constitution and remind those who oppose 2a that it will only be a matter of time before before the next attack on the constitution involves something that they believe in. I let them know that we should all oppose any attack on the freedoms guaranteed us in the Bill Right!!

#8 ·
The politicos and talking heads are smart enough to realize the problems causing mass violence (shootings) are complex and in most cases resolved by means that are anything but politically correct. It's much easier to demonize guns. I think they are miscalculating the numbers of Americans who regard the Constitution as the supreme law of the land and those who have sworn to protect it but, by their actions, disregard and subvert it. Meanwhile real Americans are buying guns by the millions. Even those who had no prior lust for guns and ammo are stock piling anything and everything in advance of coming bans. Their motives alone have to give sleepless nights to the ruling elite.

#10 ·
In the UK guns were banned, gun crimes decreased, knife crimes increased. Should they now ban knives?

#11 ·
In reality, the high capacity drum used by the Aurora shooter, probably saved more lives. I know he had one in the range of 75 to 100 rounds for his AR. After 25-35 rounds, the drum malfunctioned causing the weapon to jam. He switched to his shotgun after the jam. Using the drum mag over several standard 30 round mags was a huge mistake for what he wanted to do.

As for the naive questions, why does anyone need blank; no one needs anything more than in order: 1. Oxygen, 2. Water, 3. Food, 4. Shelter, 5. Clothing. That is it. You cannot live more than minutes without oxygens, days without water, weeks without food, shelter and clothing give you a much greater chance of survival against the natural elements. Everything else is a want. A good way to turn this around is ask, who needs an abortion, who needs a car, who needs a iphone/smartphone. The probability of a riot making its way through my neighborhood is extremely low, but it is not zero. Why might I want 30 rounds in an AR to protect my home, on the off possibility that my fellow human beings are not as civilized or resourceful as I am when the chips are down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.