1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
It is becoming prohibitively expensive for a normal person to enter politics these days. Kind of makes me wonder how one could survive spending millions to get a job that pays thousands. I guess it is that kind of economic thinking that qualifies them for government office.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is where my roots are, I love the people, I love the beauty, I love the adventure waiting to be had at every opportunity (ocean, lakes, rivers, mountains, etc)...but we might see the continued erosion of gun rights now that it looks like there won’t be anymore checks and balances in the state legislature. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Washington isn't the only state to suffer setbacks last night. Much more of the same coming Virginia's way, as well.

Reactions: blitzburgh

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Well we will see how fast the gun grabbers start moving here. With the antis filling the gov and both houses it’s a free for all.
Given the pro-2A sentiment of rural Washington and the high number of concealed carry licenses in state, the antis will likely have their hands very full if they do try to move against gun rights.

Reactions: OldVet

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Given the pro-2A sentiment of rural Washington and the high number of concealed carry licenses in state, the antis will likely have their hands very full if they do try to move against gun rights.
True. The Cascades divide the state geographically and in some ways politically. However, the game just changed. We will see what kind of backbone these proponents of the 2A left standing in Wa have.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
The stars aligning in Colorado for the Dems (Gov, House, Senate) in a two year period got us our UBC and supposed 15 rd mag ban. Luckily, our generally effective CCW law was left unchanged.

Reactions: Mike1956

·
Registered
34,003 Posts
Sadly, Washington got Californicated a decade or more ago. This result was predictable.
It was far more than a decade ago. I had a classmate from tech school who got into flipping houses in Seattle in the '80s. He said then that his market was largely California refugees with more money than brains. I knew then to stay east of the Cascades.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts