Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in California, but also own a house in Eagle Idaho near Boise.

Anyway, the Eagle city council recently vote unanimously to make Eagle a sanctuary city not accepting any state or federal laws constraining 2A rights.

Probably doesn't have much legal standing, but it's a nice gesture.

We currently have our Eagle house rented out, but it's a good escape place if CA gets too crazy.

·
Super Moderator
18,098 Posts
Technically every single city and town in the US should be a sanctuary city.

If our citizens could ever figure out what SHALL NOT means, perhaps they could force politicians to recognize the law of the land instead of just ignoring it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
They know exactly what it means. They just refuse to acknowledge it.
Some yes, some no, IMO. They are taught different levels of scrutiny in law school, and different nuances of interpretation. For some, it's very political. For others, they have to be so sophisticated in their judgements, when the Constitution is actually quite simple.

And yes, there are many who would argue against Shall Not if God himself told them what it means.

·
Super Moderator
18,098 Posts
Ahhh politics. Whatever happened to just upholding the law of the Land? That's not so complicated is it?

If you are a judge or a justice and you don't know what SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED means, then you aren't fit to be a judge or a justice.

According to the 2nd Amendment, every single law that does infringe on your right to bear arms is illegal.
Every.Single. One.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Glad you live in an area which still follows the Constitution.

·
Registered
373 Posts

Anyway, the Eagle city council recently vote unanimously to make Eagle a sanctuary city not accepting any state or federal laws constraining 2A rights.

We currently have our Eagle house rented out, but it's a good escape place if CA gets too crazy.
"Gets too Crazy"? I left there 25 years ago because it was to crazy. And moved to Boise.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

Seriously, it's not already too crazy.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
It looks like eight or nine states are working together to do the same thing...

I like this legislation but am curious why Louisiana isn't part of this? Sadly I realize Texas probably won't be part of it due to it turning into a more liberal state.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I like this legislation but am curious why Louisiana isn't part of this? Sadly I realize Texas probably won't be part of it due to it turning into a more liberal state.
I don't know about Louisiana, but I think my state of NC is probably like Texas, as well. I was disappointed that we are not involved. There's no way our governor would sign that legislation, and we don't have a super majority in the legislature.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I don't know about Louisiana, but I think my state of NC is probably like Texas, as well. I was disappointed that we are not involved. There's no way our governor would sign that legislation, and we don't have a super majority in the legislature.
That is one of the reasons we moved out of NC! I agree Texas is becoming like NC partly due to the influx of people from other places.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
154 Posts
From what I can see you are very foolish to not move out of California. I am being polite and not really stating my true feelings about your foolishness of living in one of the worst states in the USA.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
From what I can see you are very foolish to not move out of California. I am being polite and not really stating my true feelings about your foolishness of living in one of the worst states in the USA.
For a lot of people, moving can be a very complicated decision. Maybe they have the job of their dreams, maybe they live real close to family that they have a great relationship with. There can be many reasons to make it difficult to move out of an unfriendly state. I get it.

My wife's family has friends that have lived in Western New York for decades. They come visit us in NC every 2 or 3 years. He envies the fact that I am driving him around showing him the area with a handgun on my side. I guess he lives in a county up there that makes it difficult to get a concealed carry permit. He has four daughters and their families, and they all live up there. He's not going to leave his family.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Being polite?

Our two sons live here along with our 5 grand kids.

My wife has over 100 relatives living in CA. Her family has been here since the 1950s. I've lived here since 1967.

We own rental properties in California, plus Arizona, plus in Washington. And three houses in Idaho.

Our rental business supports us. And maybe, after we are gone, the rest of our family.

I view us as living in all four states, although our "official" residence is in California.

Life is more complex than you think. Perhaps you need to broaden your horizons.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Reactions: Nmuskier and OldVet

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, to be fair to Eagle, Idaho is already a 2A sanctuary state :D

SB1332 signed into law by Gov Otter in 2014. Added Idaho Statute 18-3315B. This is already after 18-3315A passed in 2010 declaring that firearms that never leave the borders of Idaho are not considered by the state to be involved in interstate commerce and therefore is not subject to federal laws falling under interstate commerce.

With the recent full constitutional carry passage for Idaho (was only for Idaho residents prior) on July 1.....I'm not sure there is any better state in America to live in for a gun person. What I am sure of is that there definitely is no better state to live in, regardless of your position on firearms 😎

1 - 20 of 21 Posts