Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'm betting it'll go off without a hitch and people will have just as great a time as with any other game. Of course there will always be someone that will make attempts to spoil the event, but if that occurs I'm sure there will be those LEOs who will quickly recognize it and put it down before it even gets recognition. Way to go, Battle Creek!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
That's an excellent idea. Teach the kids. Promote safety. Educate folks. Hand out safety devices. Hand out materials to help folks understand what's true and false about the fight for the rule of law. Promote upstanding carry of life-saving tools. Promote responsible carry. Disarm nobody, and encourage those responsibly doing so. Very, very publicly.

:congrats:

Of course, there might be one potential downside to advertising to any and all. Being well-publicized, it could easily inspire one disgruntled liberty-hater with misguided "feelings" of disgust (by recent tragic murder sprees) to take an opportunity to assault all the upstanding people at the park. As though they're a threat to anyone. Wouldn't surprise me. A bit like the opposite of a Victim Disarmament Zone sign, advertising to the haters out there, telling them when and where a large population of folks who disagree with them will be. Happens at abortion clinics. Could easily happen at a venue like this. Not that that should dissuade folks from attending, but if I were going I'd sure be on my toes given the very visible, public advertising of such a thing.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'll bet the umpires are going to be nervous as cats.:biggrin2:
Hopefully, any such feelings of concern will fade, in time, as everyone begins to realize that the miscreants will simply find it vastly more difficult to get away with such crap at a heavily-armed venue that ceases dumping on folks. A bit skittish, perhaps, about the availability of drink, there, but then the upstanding largely won't be partaking anyway if they're carrying. In time, folks will recognize the truth, with yet another example of the truth: the upstanding simply aren't the problem.

Kudos to the venue owners for taking this great step toward protecting what's important, and taking material steps to do something about it. Nicely done.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I really like the idea and I hope they have standing room only. :35:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Dmitchsr et al.........

UNLESS....... Some idiot left wing nut case comes with their gun and causes trouble just to get HIS/HER point across.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Well, I was commenting in the other closed thread but now I'm here and I'm wondering what the chances would be that me and NONAME762 could get a double date with Diane Feinstein and Gwendolyn Patton to a minor league ball park.

I'll buy and all the hotdogs and lemonade you can drink. I'll bet we could find something interesting to talk about.

I'm not the kind of guy who ruins a good date. :image035:

·
Registered
108 Posts
My wife and i went to the game, they had a bunch of giveaways, i talked to a police officer at the game and he said there was more people at the game than normal. Very cool thing to see and nobody got shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,130 Posts
I think it is a great idea, but if it is a professional team, minors league included, it would not be legal in FL for several reasons.

On a side note, both my wife and I think we recall seeing the Orlando nightclub shooter at one of the local minor league games. Three men of "foreign" decent got our attention.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts