·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set
Las Vegas Review-Journal ^ | 3/4/06 | n/a

Posted on 03/08/2006 2:13:09 PM EST by kiriath_jearim

Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set

A pistol-packing Ted Nugent startled a VH1 film crew member.

Gun enthusiast Ted Nugent won a showdown with a VH1 film crew assistant director the other day.

Nugent, in town for the filming of VH1's "Supergroup" reality show, walked onto the set early this week exercising his right to bear arms.

The startled assistant director asked the rocker to remove the holstered firearm from the active set, citing safety concerns.

Nugent, 57, stuck to his guns (gun), and the AD has not been seen on the set since, I'm told.

Reached at VH1 in New York on Friday, spokeswoman Michelle Clark said Nugent "has a license to be a firearm carrier no matter where he might be. I'm sure he wasn't waving it around."

Nugent and four other veteran rockers wrap up their 12-day taping, most of it at the Parisian Palace, with a concert Sunday at the Empire Ballroom, 3765 Las Vegas Blvd. South.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
So the guy just go scared of a holstered gun and ran away or did the Motor City Madman brandish? Not real detailed. But glad we have a spokesman.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ted a Good spokesman so im sure there wasn't any brandishing ..

either ted got the guy removed or the guy refuses to return to the set either way wahh wahh

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good for Ted. He is a responsible gun owner but he's not ashamed of who he is and he doesn't take crap off no one. Me likes uncle Ted, he just tells it like it is.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
:biggrin2: I imagine Ted told the fellow exactly what he felt about our 2nd ammend rights.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Go Ted!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ted was doing what Ted had every right to do - and he stuck to that.

Good for him! :smilez:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
kick ass unkle Ted !

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't think that there is a more enthusiastic and passionate supporter of the RKBA than Uncle Ted. Good for him!

·
Super Moderator
23,576 Posts
The startled assistant director asked the rocker to remove the holstered firearm from the active set, citing safety concerns.
I think the AD found out where he is on the food chain....

·
Registered
749 Posts
The statement that he has a license to carry anywhere is also true. I forget which state it is in but he is also a Deputy Sheriff.

·
Registered
835 Posts
has a license to be a firearm carrier no matter where he might be
Anyone else curious just what kind of license he has that allows him to carry _everywhere_?

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Ted's book, God, Guns and Rock & Roll is an excellent read!:king:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Right on....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts