Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Awesome! I haven't starting reloading yet but I've been looking at a 550. I hear great things about dillion.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Awesome! I haven't starting reloading yet but I've been looking at a 550. I hear great things about dillion.
Have got a 550. Very nice machine. Great support from Dillon.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You are stoked and someone got stroked.

You did good...

I am a "blue blood", too.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 550 also. Great press but the 650 does things the 550 cannot. If your loading a lot of calibers that's a good press. If your focus is mainly straight wall pistol cased ammo. Then its hard to be beat the 650.

I can load 100 rounds every 7 minutes on my 650 of pistol. 550 its much slower.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a 550 also. Great press but the 650 does things the 550 cannot. If your loading a lot of calibers that's a good press. If your focus is mainly straight wall pistol cased ammo. Then its hard to be beat the 650.

I can load 100 rounds every 7 minutes on my 650 of pistol. 550 its much slower.
Hmmm then maybe I should be looking at a 650. I haven't started buying tools yet as I want to make sure I have a firm grasp first and don't waste money on the wrong stuff.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Sweet deal. I certainly don't need another press, but if I'd seen that deal I doubt I could have passed it up.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm then maybe I should be looking at a 650. I haven't started buying tools yet as I want to make sure I have a firm grasp first and don't waste money on the wrong stuff.
I do reloading seminars, if you send me your email. I'll send you my presentation. Breaks everything down on the two presses. What you need to buy what's recommended, what's nice to have. My email is [email protected].

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your mainly a pistol guy and/or shoot competitions or just like to shoot a lot of pistol get the 650.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Congrats on your steal...errr I mean purchase :smile: I am just getting into looking at reloading, doing research before I invest in anything.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If your mainly a pistol guy and/or shoot competitions or just like to shoot a lot of pistol get the 650.
Looks like it will accommodate the few that I would need. Not sure of future needs but for awhile will only have a handful of calibers I will need. Mostly interested in it for self sufficiency and have been reading into casting as well but would probably not start off doing that. Talking to Shootnlead is rubbing off on me :danceban:

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like it will accommodate the few that I would need. Not sure of future needs but for awhile will only have a handful of calibers I will need. Mostly interested in it for self sufficiency and have been reading into casting as well but would probably not start off doing that. Talking to Shootnlead is rubbing off on me :danceban:
I cast my own BOOLITS. Lots of fun. I have a Range Lead source, but I have a friend that gets his lead form a Dentist office.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/ Great resource for casters.

·
Registered
497 Posts

Got a steal on this.
I don't know what all you load, but here's what I did when I bought my second XL650. I leave one press set for small primers, the other for large. Changing primer setup is the biggest single pain with the machine. (Still better than a single stage press by a long shot!)

And I whole-heartedly encourage Dillon presses. To be fair, I haven't tried them all (the progressives, I mean). But I did some research, bought a Dillon and really don't care to see what anything else is like.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I do reloading seminars, if you send me your email. I'll send you my presentation. Breaks everything down on the two presses. What you need to buy what's recommended, what's nice to have. My email is [email protected].
That is really awesome of you to offer that. Congrats on the newest press! Santa brought me a red press that has been amazing, and I have had great success with. The blue ones are definitely awesome! Things going the way they have lately, reloading is a smart move for anyone.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
That is really awesome of you to offer that. Congrats on the newest press! Santa brought me a red press that has been amazing, and I have had great success with. The blue ones are definitely awesome! Things going the way they have lately, reloading is a smart move for anyone.
Reloading has always been a smart move. Not only dies one save money over factory ammo, we can dial in for better accuracy. On top of all that, it's a fun hobby!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I miss my Dillon system. My reloading slowed down so much during the past ten years I ended up giving my Dillon system
to my son. Now he's not using it anymore. I'm seriously thinking about getting it back from him and getting back into it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts