Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of building one. Can you give me some advice on components/ sources. Don't want to go high buck...

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Palmetto State Armory usually has decent deals on uppers/kits. (fair warning, I have posted in the past about issues with PSA, but they still offer a good bang for the buck). http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-rifles-shotgun-discussion/224491-not-sure-how-much-longer-i-can-recommend-psa-kits.html

I have seen deals on Radical Firearms kits, but know nothing about them, aside from they are on the low end of the price range.

If you want a brace, I would highly recommend a Shockwave brace with the dimpled tube made for them, vs. the Sig brace. A lot less weight & bulk.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Building it yourself, can be a lot of fun. I built mine. Not a pistol. What barrel length are you thinking of and twist ratio? What kind of BCG are you looking to put in there? Other than the rail or forend, upper and lower, trigger kit/pins, buffer tube/spring/cover, sights, Gas block and tube, dust cover/fwd assist, muzzle break, charging handl, that's it. You can get all of that from Ebay, Midway, Daniel Defense. Approx. $600.00. But if you peace meal it, it won't seem like that much.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanted to go with 9" or 10.5" bbl. / 1/8 twist. Also a nice ni boron BCG. H2 buffer tube. Etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts