·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone brought this back to life
I updated my post ,
The Taurus was traded years ago ..
I purchased a Ruger LCR327 a year and a half ago … edited

It seems the 327 Fed is more popular than ever...now Ruger has made a special run of Single 7's in 327 Fed...I heard that a special run of SP101 are in the works...
Myself I jumped on the 327 Fed band wagon just a few months ago ..while looking for a 32 H&R..I stumbled across a Taurus 327 Fed magnum..it a 6 shot "J" sized frame ..all steel..with custom grips and a Tyler grip..

The attraction to me with the 327 Fed. is that it has the same relationship to the 32 H&R/32 S&W long as the 357 mag has to the 38Spl+P / 38 Spl..

Also the variety of ammo that can be fired in the Taurus .327 fed ,32 S&W long and short , 32 H&R ,and the 32 ACP

Without a doubt the 327 Fed is a great defensive round..

·
8,501 Posts
It seems the 327 Fed is more popular than ever.
I disagree. The .327 Fed isn't popular at all. They were just about giving revolvers away chambered in .327 mag on CDNN a few years ago.

What I don't disagree with is that it is an excellent cartridge. I just don't think that anyone anywhere is going to trade in the revolver they already own in .38 or .357 for a .327.

I think the .327 is a victim of being just too close to two of the most popular cartridges ever and it will always be in their shadow.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said, the cartridge is more popular than ever...it never was very popular ..but it seems to be picking up a bit of steam...a resurgence..

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I hope so. Potentially .327 is nearly a perfect pocket-gun round.

·
8,501 Posts
I said, the cartridge is more popular than ever...it never was very popular ..but it seems to be picking up a bit of steam...a resurgence..
Well it's a good round, let's hope it doesn't die off.

·
Super Moderator
18,888 Posts
It looks like a handloader's dream. I've always been content with the .32-20 in a revolver but that Ruger single action revolver, especially with the long barrel sure is tempting all done up in .327.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
The 327 FED has a ton of potential in both the SD arena and the woods gun/kit gun. Hope it makes it. If it doesn't make it, will make a good candidate for a collector gun.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 327 Fed was hurt bad by the "Great Ammo Shortage"...

When you purchase a 327 fed revolver you hsve a option of full throttle 327 Med powered 32H&R and mild 32 S&W....my Taurus 327 is stoked with high quality 32 H&R JHP ammo and sets on my wifes bedside table...in the steel framed Taurus small frame, it has very managable recoil....

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I hope the rumors are true and Ruger does again begin producing the SP 101 in .327. I want one.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I had a S&W .327 when they first made a gun for that round. The 327 is a good round but what I liked most is that the guns chambered for it can shoot all the various .32 rounds so I can go light or heavy. It is a hot round and supposed to be close to a .357 magnum but my interest was more with the versatility of the gun.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that the Ruger Single 7 with a 4 5/8in barrel in 327 mag ,would be a great Kit Gun (on steroids)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nothing wrong with the .327. I have shot a couple and the recoil is fantastic while offering a bit of performance. That being said, I still find more versatility with the .357.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I would love to have the 327 and a old friend in Az. said his neighbor who just passed away has one and a bunch of ammo but he's not sure when the estate sale will be on he said he may talk with them see if he can close deal b4 sale wish he would tell all the info I'm not above sneaking in and seeing if I can snake it out from under him but he got tight lipped on me and he is so close with his money I think he already did the deed and he's just waiting to tell me how great the deal is and give me a Bronx cheer.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing wrong with the .327. I have shot a couple and the recoil is fantastic while offering a bit of performance. That being said, I still find more versatility with the .357.
I have 4 revolvers in 357 mag....
The 357 mag is most likely the most versatile handgun gun round ...ever...a great SD round ...2nd to none ..and the ability to fire 38 Spl. and 38 spl+P is gravy ...

The 357 Mag is housed in 8 shot to 5 shot revolvers ..N frames to J frames...and in Leverguns...

The 327 is a darn good SD cartridge..but the 357 is great....but ...Always a but ...6 shot in a J frame with the 327 ...and the ability to go very mild to wild....also exists ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Loaded to a maximum average pressure of 45,000psi the .327 Federal Magnum is one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful), commercially available handgun cartridge you can buy. By comparison the .357 Maximum is only loaded to a map of 40,000psi. The .327 Federal Magnum will push 100gr Gold Dot bullets to 1500fps out of a short barrel. 110gr .38 Special loads can't compete with the .327. Keep in mind that a .327 Federal Magnum revolver will readily fire .32 ACP, .32 S&W, .32 S&W long, .32 H&R Magnum, and .327 Federal Magnum. No other revolver offers this versatility. Too bad no new handguns are offered for this cartridge.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I would like a snub nose revolver in 327. The 38 special was invented during the black powder era, and when shot in snubbies not all the propellant is burned. I wish there was a 1911 in 327.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts