Defensive Carry banner

350 Legend, continuing issues

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gglass 
#1 ·
Trying to sight it in and pretty close. Big issue is it is still short cycling. I thought I'd be smart and use an H2 buffer. Didn't bring the original out last time. Put it back in for today's range day, but still short cycling every target round. 125 grain Browning. Hornady FTX is cycling occasionally. Ordered a reduced tension spring today. Hopefully this settles things.

#2 ·
It sounds like you need to: A. open the gas port; B. use and adjustable gas port; or C. both.

As a sidenote, my 6mm Mongoose AR was having serious cycling issues. Long story short, the upper I built did not play well with the Armalite lower I was using. I built a lower using the same make receiver as the upper and it suddenly ran like a champ. Apparently, there was a tolerance issue with the Armalite lower.

Reactions: oneshot
#3 ·
Have an adjustable gas port, wide open. I DO need to put some thread sealant on it though. But I doubt it could be blowing much by the threads. I too have an Anderson lower. Bet they have a heavier than normal spring.

#4 ·
It could be the barrel port itself is undersized for the round. I don't think enough gas could escape from the threads to affect anything.

#5 ·
Another thing to check is the gas block to gas port alignment. I have seen this quite a number of times, and the way I check for perfect alignment is with a bore scope. If the 2 holes are not perfectly aligned, then there will always be restricted flow no matter how much you open an adjustable gas block.

Example:
Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Kitchen utensil Gas

Reactions: DownInTheDark
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.