Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys any 357 sig shooters out there? Comments good or bad on the caliber. I have a G27 thinking about picking up a G33 barrel.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My everyday carry is a S&W M&P Full Size 357Sig with Crimson Trace laser grip. I like it alot. It packs a punch but it is very controlable for me with a tight grip on fast follow-up shots. I also have a 40S&W barrel which I use from time to time.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Usually a G32 or 33 with me when I leave the house.

·
Registered
263 Posts
G32 is a regular carry gun for me. Kimber Tactical Ultra II (45 ACP) is the other favorite. Totally different means to an end but I fully trust either to get the job done if necessary. The wife is fond of the G32 also and keeps it with her when I'm out of town.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Awesome round, very accurate. I carry it in my 229 when not carrying my 9mm. Some people cite the punch, but hey my first handgun was a 10mm!

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I'll probably convert a .40 S&W Hi Power to a 357 Sig later in the year, along with some customization.

The round is fast becoming my favorite. While I don't own a 357 Sig yet, I do shoot one when I train with a friend of mine. It's his preferred caliber and I get to shoot one of many 357 Sigs almost every outing. I'm really liking the recoil impulse as it tends to not "flip" as much as the .40 S&W, but have more of a straight back "push".

Another thing I'm liking is the ballistics, at least on paper. Since I load +P+ in my 9mm I see the 357 Sig as a natural progression for me.

Biker

·
Registered
262 Posts
M&P FS in .357 sig here, carry and range. I love it, have no problems holding on to it as the muzzle flip/recoil is in the range .40, not a huge difference at least. It has a pretty decent flash though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a KKM 357 sig coversion barrel in my HD G35. Great shooting gun. Add some DT 115 grain smokin fast rounds and it lots of fun.

My next pistol will be a G32 for EDC. I carry a G23 now. I would just get a barrel but why not get a whole gun instead. :image035:

·
Registered
785 Posts
It's very snappy in the Steyr M357-A1. I can't really see the advantage of it. It's a 9mm bullet loaded to .40 S&W pressures. Fast, but lightweight - does it penetrate well enough for SD?

·
Registered
224 Posts
It is a fantastic round. Lilke BikerRN, I too noticed that the recoil seems to be straight back, not so much muzzle flip.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Love the round, but ammo here is? Unless reloading. Enjoy! I have to hang with 9mm, 40, 45acp, no complaints though these all work fine for me.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Exceptional ballistics...I often carry a SIG P229 SAS with .357 SIG.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sig

I have a G27 and G30..converted the G27 to a G33...found the old style glock 33 barrel off a member on GlockTalk..I love it ..its what I carry most of the time ..winter time carry a must..was shooting the 40 at a tree..then changed over to the sig barrel..sig went through the tree the 40 didn't..plus I can empty the clip fast and hold a 2-3 inch group around 20 yards or so....sig man for life!!!!!!!!!!!:hand10:

·
Registered
424 Posts
After 20+ yrs of doing the caliber dance, (9mm to 10mm to 45acp, back to 10mm, then back again to 45acp....etc.), I am now happy as can be with the 357sig cartridge!!

Gobbles up everything and super accurate. Recoil does not feel any different to me than a 45acp load. As a longtime 1911 fanatic,....my 1911's are now range guns. My P229 in 357sig is all I have carried for the last year and a half!!

Here's some interesting reading;
III.C.2.q.6. .357 Sig

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Love my G33. I keep it loaded up with 125g DT. As noted, try the 115g DT too for some serious fun shooting. I want to get a G35 w/.357SIG barrel next for range fun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts