·
Registered
48 Posts
Kimber makes a “commander “ sized one it’s a 4” barrel instead of 41/4”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Anyone carrying one and does anyone know of a compact one? Trying to find one for my wife.
Depending on what style you prefer ....
Glock 19
1911 Ruger CMD 9mm

38 Super = 9mm

:biggrin2:

In before @OD* bans me. :wall:

Reactions: CLASS3NH and OD*

·
Super Moderator
16,151 Posts
Depending on what style you prefer ....
Glock 19
1911 Ruger CMD 9mm

38 Super = 9mm

:biggrin2:

In before @OD* bans me. :wall:
38 Super = 9mm Nope 38 Super = 9mm Adult

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I was just thinking about this today. Should be able to give a 357 SIG a run for the money in a platform that I would reload (bottle neck case = yuck). I guess I should look in some of my manuls and compare. Shouldn't too hard to convert an existing gun.i think the super is over looked as a defensive round.

·
Super Moderator
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Well 38 Super is very popular for Mexicans.
Used to be, back when Mexicans could legally buy and own guns, that almost every Mexican full-size semi-auto (mostly 1911s) was in .38 Super.
It's because the law forbade civilian Mexicans (including the local police) from using "military calibers," and, at the time, the Mexican military used Colt's M1911 pistols in .45 ACP.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That's because the military calibers are proscribed in Mexico but the .38 Super is a civilian caliber. [That obviously doesn't stop the cartels!]

I see M1911A1 beat me to it!

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Lightweight Commander 4 1/4 inch gun.......Option would be a G33 in 357 Sig..... or a G27 with a 357 Sig conversion... I'm gonna leave it there......
Ohhh BTW........You MIGHT find a Detonics Combat Master in 38 Super, BUT it's gonna cost ya $$$$ The one pictured is a 45ACP. The 38 Super is the same size as the 45ACP.
You could also go with a AMT Backup in 38 Super.....1 on Gunbroker for 1185.00 with 31 Bids so far....:biggrin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dan Wesson made a fine Guardian chambered in .38 Super. 4.25 inch barrel and aluminum frame. Discontinued in 2019, but you might still find some nib.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts