Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it right now to acquire 40 caliber ammunition, either defensive or target, in the DFW area?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I went to Wally World today for some small things, and thought I'd try my luck.

I scored 2 100 rd. WWB and there was 1 50 rd. box. They also had some Federal 50 rd. boxes.

Wal-Mart in McKinney (Lake Forest and McKinney Ranch Rd)

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I can find it at most of the places I usually buy from. Both kinds and several brands.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I've been to that Walmart before. And around here you can spit without hitting a walmart anyway. ;-)

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:blink: I totally missed the acronym,"Dallas Fort Worth" sorry.:hand5:

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Here in N/E FL. there is plenty .40 cal. @ wal mart , Winchester,Remington &
Feaderal ,But no 9mm,45 OR 380 Good Luck H/D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've found .40cal pretty regularly. Not tooo tough.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
One of the dealers here is selling 155 gr HydraShok for $9.95/20 - less than half normal.

They bought about 20k of an order the FBI rejected because it failed their expansion test - it expanded too much. It works just fine in my PT140. :image035:

.40 S&W (both SD and range) is more than plentiful here, as is most everything else, including .380. I just bought 500 rounds of 115 gr Blazer Brass 9mm for $95. Right now, that's cheaper than I can reload plinking rounds. I would have bought more, but there was a 500 round/day limit. The stack on the floor was five feet high, six feet long and two feet deep - and there was at least that much more in the warehouse.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to go off on a rabbit trail, but it's not going to expand until it hits, right? So what is the downside of it expanding too much when it hits?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Not to go off on a rabbit trail, but it's not going to expand until it hits, right? So what is the downside of it expanding too much when it hits?
I don't have a clue, but the FBI's reject is my good fortune. I have several hundred rounds of the stuff at $49.90/100.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
i think expanding too much is double talk for lacking penetration.
:twak:
May be, but it clocks at 1,100 +/- out of my PT140, so it can't be all that bad. I may go in next week and pick up another couple of hundred rounds.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
you should be GTG!

i have never been a stickler for the 12" rule. there are other things to consider in wounding.

JM2C!
If I were at all worried, I'd never have bought the first 200 rounds. :image035:

·
Registered
264 Posts
40 cal

I have found that 40CAL has been easier to find than my 9mm or 45cal ammo. Probally because it is a less common caliber. At least in my neck of the woods.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts