Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a Kahr P 40. I have been using Ranger T 155 Grfor my defensive bullet, But the sharp recoil and power in this round makes it hard to make good hits. Are there any bullets that have have the same punch as a quality factory load 180 gr bullet? I can make good consistent hits with factory ammo.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am using the new Winchester PDX1 180 gr. in my M&P 40 and love it. Took out my Ranger T's. Their very accurate, plenty of umph, and easy to shoot. Remember you'll probably be less than 5 yards away so it sort of becomes relative at some point.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I use the 165 GoldDot in both my G27 & G23. Very accurate.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I carry the Rem Golden Saber 165gr in my G27 and G23. Not sure if it's the best, but it's what I've tried, and what I trust. Since my initial trial runs of this ammo, I don't feel the need to put 100 rounds of it downrange every month, and besides....it's way too expensive for that anyway. Best go-to-PD round in my book since the speed and bullet weight seem to balance out to my usual 180gr ball practice ammo. I do have some CorBon 135gr which I've never tried. Maybe I should.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I carry a Glock 40cal. w/15 round mags and load them up with alternating Golden sabers and Hydroshoks.

:wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use 180 grn Gold Dots as my self defense ammo in my M&P40. It works really well in my gun, and goes exactly where I want it to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I currenty carry Federal HST 180's in my 23. Ranger T and Gold Dot 165's or 180's are very good as well. If I carried Gold Dots it would be Double Taps.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Federal Hydra-Shok 165 grn rounds for my G22.
You do know that load is the original .40S&W factory load - 980 fps / 352 ft lbs?

The 155 gr. load is 1140/447.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts