Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W 442 that I just purchased. Noticed over the last few days that the trigger seems to be a little more to the right of the trigger guard than the left. Just wondering if any one else with a J-frame has noticed this or should I be concerned about it? I have not shot the gun yet but am a little concerned about it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm looking at my 642, which is basically the same gun in a different color, and it might be half a millimeter more to the right. However, it's because the frame is thinner on that side. There's a seam. There is only a small gap (thinner than a credit card) on either side of the trigger. Is this how yours is, or is there actually a larger gap between the trigger and frame on one side?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see what you are saying. There is not a larger gap on the right side and I see how the frame comes together. I don't think there is anything wrong just wanted another j-framer to let me know what his or her's looked like. Thanks so much for the feed back.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Now put some snap caps in it and dry fire it 1000 times in say 25-50 trigger pull increments over many days.

Not only do you get some great training working on your grip and trigger control, it will really smooth out the action.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts