Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do some traveling next month and thought that I would carry my trusty 45 in addition to my Kahr CW-9. Thought I'd pocket carry the CW-9 and keep my PT-145 in my car (arm console). Hard to get to my CW-9 in a pocket when seat belted in.

Now the problem - which ammo? Went through my ammo locker and found:
230 gr Golden Saber
185 gr Golden Saber
165 gr Hydra Shok low recoil

The PT-145 has 3 and a quarter inch barrel. Anyone have a guess which ammo would perform the best in the PT-145 for personal protection?

Mark :confused:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd go with the 185 gr Golden Sabers....

Or Gold Dots....

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Any of the above will do.
I stoke my PT-145 with hydro's.
And It shoots it well.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
I would think they all would work well enough.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Any of those will work.

My favorite of those three though is the 185 Golden Sabre....I love that huge hollow cavity up front, and that silver case.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Think I will go with the 185 gr Golden Saber. I called Taurus and they told not to use +P in that model weapon.

Mark

·
Registered
443 Posts
Check your manual, I have a PT 945 and it reccomends that you use 185gr. or less.
Also I beleive it says not to use reloads as it would void the warranty.

·
Banned
368 Posts
I jut got a PT-145 and the manual that comes with is says 230gn. The manual I downloaded while deciding to get it said 225gn, so it seems they boosted their weight a little.

Their 2006 catalog says all taurus pistols are rated for +p loads so they contradict themselves.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
I always liked Gold Dot. Great Ammo but, the Fed. Low Recoil is nice stuff also.
I just bought & shot some recently.

Of the three choices...whatever feeds/functions best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts