Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is these are very quick snaps while puppy is asleep

Read the new warning card what a riot also im not sure why it came with 2 rear sights..

The gun is built and put together very well trigger is what i expected from my 500


















Ok ammo pic first up is a

700 grain slug for the 500
45 colt 250
454 casull 250
500 350 grain
500 440 grain
460 200 Hornday SST
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,483 Posts
I'll take two pairs of rear sights over none, any day :18:

Great pics - thanks for those.

Nice piece dude - and good ammo comparison too. That true 460 200 grainer will be a real screamer - the one they claim for good 200 yard use.

That 700 grain for 500 - well, it's just obscene :wink:

Now all you gotta do is put some lead thru it! :smilez:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
25,534 Posts
And be sure that perp is wearing his hearing protection before you use that pistol on him!!! :hand5:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Bud
How about some pictures of you shooting both of your cannons, one in each hand. :comeandgetsome:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If puppy training goes well hopefully maybe monday ill get out and have some 370 leads loaded for it also by then

Euc i think the 454 and 460 will shoot close but the 45 colt is gonna be WAY LOW
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
143,579 Posts
My Good Man!

Hey I like that Gun & those Photographs.
Especially your first picture. Nice!
I do appreciate seeing that photo.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,004 Posts
Nice, I like the .460 If I get a larger calber gun it will probably be .460.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Congrats - nice cannon!! Again, your're making my 'ol .45 Colt feel like a peashooter. I'm loving that 700gr 500 bullet.:ahhhhh:

Can't wait to see the range report.:smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
ya know something?? I think I'm gonna fess up, and get either a 500, or a 460...........I'm DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLIN here
<whispering> but I have that Ruger 454 alaskan tucked away too.
BTW.........I spoke with the buyer of that 500 Smith that had troubles............seems he didn't read his manual........and replaced the compensator with the one he should hav eshot LEAD thru.........thus........the "shearing" of metal utilizing JHP ammo............
Moral of the story...........Always read the manual before foolin with the gun...........Nonw.........I think I'm gonna own it, as it's considered "used" LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,733 Posts
Brian45 said:
Bud
How about some pictures of you shooting both of your cannons, one in each hand. :comeandgetsome:
naaaaaaaaaaaa he's "chicken" hehehehehe...:image035: .....but ya must admit...........that would REALLY be a feat of heroism on Bud's part........:biggrin2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QKShooter said:
Hey I like that Gun & those Photographs.
Especially your first picture. Nice!
I do appreciate seeing that photo.
I thought ya would like it i keep forgetting to put it in other pics since it rides in my coat with wallet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CLASS3NH said:
ya know something?? I think I'm gonna fess up, and get either a 500, or a 460...........I'm DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLIN here
<whispering> but I have that Ruger 454 alaskan tucked away too.
BTW.........I spoke with the buyer of that 500 Smith that had troubles............seems he didn't read his manual........and replaced the compensator with the one he should hav eshot LEAD thru.........thus........the "shearing" of metal utilizing JHP ammo............
Moral of the story...........Always read the manual before foolin with the gun...........Nonw.........I think I'm gonna own it, as it's considered "used" LOL

That shouldnt have mattered you can shoot the jacketed though either comp ..

Reason you dont shoot lead though the jacketed come is the 6 holes that shoot straight up lead gets in there and its a bear to get comp out..


I bet he was setting it off again in recoil they say they do funny thing like unlock the cylinder if you dont keep firm grip on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CLASS3NH said:
naaaaaaaaaaaa he's "chicken" hehehehehe...:image035: .....but ya must admit...........that would REALLY be a feat of heroism on Bud's part........:biggrin2:
Dont tempt me .. be nice if you could get um in recoil for pic
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,483 Posts
Calling Mrs Bud - photographic dooty calls :evil: :18:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
could drop the 500 down to a 440 with trail boss to around 900 FPS that should be tame for 1 hand

No loads like that for 460 yet
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,483 Posts
Bud, a great powder for downloading to get powder-puff loads is SR 4759 - bulks real well. I can use that with a cast .308 gas check using about 25 grains and get good results.

i also have a quoted download using it for the 45-70 so - chances are it could be useful for soft loads in either 45 (the 460) or 500.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top