Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new adds are out for the 4th Gen. Glock.
No picture of gun yet.
No info as to what the new gun will look like or have on it.
I think it will probably follow the current trend of adjustable grips and back strap, like the S&W M&P, but what else could they do???
Put a 1911 style thumb safety on it ??
Do any of you out there have any clues ???
I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Steve...

·
Administrator
21,365 Posts
The new adds are out for the 4th Gen. Glock.
No picture of gun yet.
No info as to what the new gun will look like or have on it.
I think it will probably follow the current trend of adjustable grips and back strap, like the S&W M&P, but what else could they do???
Put a 1911 style thumb safety on it ??
Do any of you out there have any clues ???
I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Steve...

Gen 4 Glock: A Look at the New Features

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm falling farther and farther behind, just like with the software I use.

I'm currently "running" Glock 2.5, but I see no reason for me to upgrade yet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't own any Glocks. But I am looking forward to seeing the Gen 4's. Maybe they will win a convert.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Thanks! I was just about ready to buy a G26. Now I have a reason to save my money; if that can be said with this hobby.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks! I was just about ready to buy a G26. Now I have a reason to save my money; if that can be said with this hobby.
I have a 19 & 26, and am going to buy a 27 at this weekend's gun show. I don't think waiting is worth it personally. The 26 is almost perfection as it is. I am actually worried that they'll make it worse more than better. :) And I know the 27 is just the .40 version of that same 'almost perfection'. :king:

I figure I can buy the 27 now, and if the Gen 4 is really a big improvement, I can sell the 27 for very close to what I paid for it and get the Gen 4.

That would break my "never sell a gun" rule, but that's my logic anyway. In reality, I'd likely also just buy the Gen 4 and keep the 27, but most people are smarter than me, and go ahead and sell something to buy something else. :bier:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am also concerned the modifications may detract from the G17, which has an enviable reputation as is. If it ain't broke...

Understand the reasons for the dual spring etc with the .40, but not with the 9.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i cant wait to see them, I will be in the market for a glock 26 as well pretty soon SABER

So I might just wait and see..

·
Registered
369 Posts
JD, you have more connections that anyone I have ever met :35:

Thanks for the info....time for a poll :yup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I LOVE my G27 just the way it is! It seems as though the 4th Gen. glocks are being aimed more toward the left-handed market, specifically. Nothing wrong with that. But I don't see the point in anybody waiting for them to come out. Unless you're left handed as I stated or if the grip just doesn't fit your hand just right.

But like I said, I love my 3rd Gen Glock just the way it is.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I'm guessing I'll be stuck in Glock 3.0, or the third generation for good. Best of the best IMO, can figure it getting any better for me. Once you get old, you're less susceptible to change I reckon. If a fourth generation Glock brings more to the herd, then so be it. I would imagine it's all for the best. Personally I feel this will open some more opportunities for the bashers, and won't in any way change the course of history nor the direction of the universe. In our time, I feel this has already been done, and it's difficult to better best in the design. If things go as appears, Glock will loose some ideals and claims that have lasted many years throughout their pistol models and changes such as overall parts count, and parts interchangeability. It is what it is. Maybe...just maybe, the 3rd gen Glocks will come down in price dramatically after the debut of the 4th. If only ammo would do the same, I would have quite the collection then!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought 4th gen Glock has been out for a while now. I remember seeing the G17 in store about 6 months back and G22 was being introduced shortly after that.

I haven't had the chance to shoot them, but I have handled the G17 and I am sticking to my 3rd gen Glocks....not that any of my Glocks see the light of the day deep inside the safe.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dang, nothing in that article about Gen 4 being de-uglified.....

:gah:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Disassembly - Pressing the trigger as a step to disassembling the Glock pistol is likely a thing of the past. While I have never seen this as an issue (we all dry fire our guns, right?), some people and law enforcement agencies perceive this as unsafe. Smith & Wesson added an internal lever to accomplish the same function in the M&P line. I expect Glock will have some type of switch, lever, or dongle that the user has to actuate to take the gun down.
This is interesting, considering This Thread

Also, the grip has always been my biggest gripe with Glocks. They just dont fit. Maybe I'll be able to own one now...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Gen 4 Picture

Alleged Picture of 4th gen Glock 22.
I wonder if the fact that it had Gen4 rolled on the side of the slide means that the slide won't work on a gen 1-3 frame.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts