Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try the 5.11 shirt. It is a spandex blend shirt that contours to your body shape. I tested 2 guns in this shirt/holster. A SA champion LW and a HK USP F .40.
Initail impressions:
The shirt fit nice and did not bunch up at the bottom. It was itchy as all heck even after washing it once. After 3-4 washings , the itchy feeling seemed to go away.
I found the velco insufficent to hold either gun in while leaning forward. If I pressed my arm to my side the gun would stay put. After leaning forward 2 times the gun would fall right out of the holster. Also the griip would be very noticable under a cover garment ,after the gun shifted.
If 5.11 were to add more velco to shape the holster to a specific gun , I feel the holster would be usable. While I have no smaller pocket type guns to try, I feel they would stay put, but this defeats to purpose I would want the shirt for(to be able to carry a larger gun). Unless you want to carrry a small gun, or modify the shirt yourself, I suggest against purchasing this product.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx Rocky - I could not realistically see this as handling a large piece.

Seems it is only suited to true pocket guns really. Your appraisal is most useful.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bud, I don't see size being much of an issue. Just weapons retention.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been wearing mine for about 2 weeks now and yes it itched some, when first worn it has since gone away for me.

I carry an XD9sc in mine and have had no problems with it, my only problem was the carrying of a mag in the offside pouch, but have since corrected that problem.

It won't be my every day method, but it is an alternative when i dress differently.

Thanks for the write up on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts