Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has any experience carrying using the 5.11 tactical concealment shorts that have the built in holsher in the small of the back? I would use them with either a Glock 23, 26 or 30sf, and a Kimberly Ultra Covert II.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
Is this the item that you are asking about?

I know nothing about them. Possibly some member will have tried them.

My one question would be - Do you wear the same pair of underwear every day or do you just buy 7 pair of them? :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is this the item that you are asking about?

I know nothing about them. Possibly some member will have tried them.

My one question would be - Do you wear the same pair of underwear every day or do you just buy 7 pair of them?:confused:

Please buy 7 pair PLEASE :ahhhhh: LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
A good IWB would be much cheaper than 7-10 pairs of those and I am certian an IWB would do a better job.

Reactions: tcox4freedom

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm not sure I would trust the pictured item to truly protect the trigger guard sufficiently.

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
Thanks for posting the correct link.
That's the 1st time I have seen those.
No opinion since I know nada about them.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My one question would be - Do you wear the same pair of underwear every day or do you just buy 7 pair of them?
May be the reason they come in Black,you don't need to wash them until the flies become a problem

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Please buy 7 pair PLEASE :ahhhhh: LOL LOL LOL
Better yet - buy 8. You never know when one a day will be enough.

·
Registered
103 Posts
all of the above. But on a more serious note, I recently watched a couple of do's and dont's on concealed carry, and there are some issues to consider with s.o.b. carry. Yeah, yeah I know: the "other s.o.b.". 1. Very easy for someone to get to your piece if they've "made " you. 2. More than one case of folks (including LEO's) who sustained permanent damage to their lower vertebrae by slipping and falling (or being thrown down), on their weapons. Not saying to not go that way, just saying consider all the angles.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My only comment to this is .... WHY?!?! :confused: Carrying small of the back (hazardous if you fall and just a PITA otherwise) and carrying in your drawers?! Why not get some Fruit of the Looms and a SmartCarry or a Pistol Wear self-contained holster?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Someone else mentioned it but I will repeat that carrying in the center of the back is not a good idea and more than one person has suffered vertebrae damage when falling while carrying.

·
Registered
436 Posts
all of the above. But on a more serious note, I recently watched a couple of do's and dont's on concealed carry, and there are some issues to consider with s.o.b. carry. Yeah, yeah I know: the "other s.o.b.". 1. Very easy for someone to get to your piece if they've "made " you. 2. More than one case of folks (including LEO's) who sustained permanent damage to their lower vertebrae by slipping and falling (or being thrown down), on their weapons. Not saying to not go that way, just saying consider all the angles.
The above are the reasons I stopped small of the back carry and went IWB to side.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
My personal opinion/question is-

Why not buy a good CC holster so you can be more versatile with your clothing & carry options?

To me this sort of thing is directed at a new CC'er who will buy into the hype of the latest & greatest. Just buy a good IWB holster & gun belt that you can wear with anything and be done with it. I have some 511 tactical type clothing. But, I mostly wear regular cargo shorts and some type of "print" buttondown shirt.

(This type of stuff may be fine for the professional operator. But, I can see it quite "literally" being more trouble than it's worth $$$ for the everyday CC'er.)

-

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hey do those come in a Depends versions? That way if your ever in a SD event the HazMat won't have to clean your shorts?

Reactions: 006.9V2.1
1 - 20 of 21 Posts