Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.11 is having a sale with certain things up to 70% off, so check them out, they have some decent items, I ordered the jean jacket, its only 39.99 plus shipping. If you aren't familiar with their products, read about the jackets, vests and pants, lots of pockets and interchangeable (sp) pouches/packets you can Velcro on, (like a holster for small/medium handguns) good for CCW!

https://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=36
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
143,591 Posts
The 5.11 Pants

Only the Camouflage color is on sale.

The price is right at $20.00 a pair though if you have use for the camo color.

FYI ~ I have ordered "On Line" from them before using a credit card. The site is very secure. You can place a CC order with confidence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
thanks for the tip!!!! I think I might go with the "denim dan" look...lol I love that movie...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Thanks for the heads up-I've been thinking about purchasing one of the denim jackets for quite a while, but I just couldn't justify the over $100.00 price tag. I've seen them for sale at local Gun Shows and the quality seemed to be very nice, so, at $39.00, I just placed my order. Cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gringo said:
Thanks for the heads up-I've been thinking about purchasing one of the denim jackets for quite a while, but I just couldn't justify the over $100.00 price tag. I've seen them for sale at local Gun Shows and the quality seemed to be very nice, so, at $39.00, I just placed my order. Cool!
yeah, thats what I ordered too, was a good price. I really want the 5.11 Monterey Jacket but I cant find it on sale, one of these days I'll just have to break down and buy it, it looks real nice. I've got the vest gun/holster pouch so it should fit in the jacket. I got it on eBay for a little cheaper (5.11 was out of stock on them anyways) eBay seller ecop! has the accesories for the vest/jackets/pants and they are a good price and fast shipping (2-3 days)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
FedEx just delivered my 5.11 denim jacket this afternoon and I've got to say- I'm really pleased with the quality and all the options it offers. Aside from the internal velcro panels that the 5.11 holster,etc., attach to, there are inside chest pockets that can be used for extra mags, cell phones, etc.,etc. Just a nice jacket overall and most definately worth the $39.99 sale price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Gringo said:
FedEx just delivered my 5.11 denim jacket this afternoon and I've got to say- I'm really pleased with the quality and all the options it offers. Aside from the internal velcro panels that the 5.11 holster,etc., attach to, there are inside chest pockets that can be used for extra mags, cell phones, etc.,etc. Just a nice jacket overall and most definately worth the $39.99 sale price.
Ditto.:hand10:
I received mine last week. I guess I kinda assumed that the holster was built in or included. Their website only shows one holster for the jacket, for small size guns.
I'm not sure if I am going to order that, or try and find a cheap nylon 1911 holster and sew some velcro on it.
Good luck. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got mine last week too and am pleased with it, I put the holster in it, but havent carried anything in it yet. I did velcro my Kabar tdi knife in tho and thats pretty handy. Overall a very good deal I think! Now to get that "Monterrey" style jacket.....one day...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
143,591 Posts
You Folks Should Know

That I bought two pair of 100% Cotton pants.
The only available pattern was digital Camouflage but, heck cannot beat the price at 19.00 per pair.
I mostly bought them for the POCKETS. Damn do I ever need pockets! :yup:

Shipping was FAST ~ I paid VIA C C & my pants arrived in a few days. So far...nobody has stolen my credit card # ~ so buy with confidence.
Very professional packing. The pants are brand spanking new and not Seconds or irregulars.
You might want to buy in one size smaller than you normally wear.
They are pretty forgiving at the waist.
Very comfortable & they will be great for heading out this summer.

In fact lemme give all you guys all my credit card number & you can just put your stuff on my card!:rofl:

Seriously, The pants are made in Cambodia so...they are not U.S. made but, they are extremely high quality with NICE large belt loops & good heavy weight cotton. Real nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Received my denim jacket a few days ago, and like it.

As my carry guns were already on the belt, I have not set up a panel in the jacket. Have several different ones set up for the 5.11 vest, just have to decide which to use.

thanks for heads up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
For those that have the 5.11 Denim Jacket...
was curious how far below your waist-line the jacket goes.

Is it long enough to conceal an IWB pistol without having to worry about the bottom of the jacket riding up over the pistol grip?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eldomatic said:
For those that have the 5.11 Denim Jacket...
was curious how far below your waist-line the jacket goes.

Is it long enough to conceal an IWB pistol without having to worry about the bottom of the jacket riding up over the pistol grip?

Thanks.
I have the XL size and its a couple inches below my belt line, haven't had a problem yet carrying iwb, I carry a CZ P-01. We'll see tho when cooler weather hits...
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top