Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I don't own onw, but put an upper together for a customer. It was a real pain to get it up and working. Feed issues, extraction and ejection issues. Eventually got it running good, just not reliable out of the box.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Super....... Please elaborate more on the issues if you could. The 5.7 is on my "to do" list, and I would like to know if it was anything I should be aware of. I know most issues with building a new gun like looking for extra metal or flash on the parts, cleaning, and lubrication, but what specific problems did you need to address........
A PM is welcome as well so you don't have to tie up the thread........
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
No problem. The extractor spring was weak and had no tension. No little rubber buffer in it either. The ejector plunger was oversized and I had to polish it quite a bit to get it to move. The ejector spring wouldn't compress due to the size of the hole being off of spec. The other gunsmith where I work made a spring for it. I didn't do that part. Took 3 boxes of ammo to get it running.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Have not had experience with a 5.7 AR, but I have put a few rounds through the pistol. It was 'meh' at best. Too large and felt too awkward to me.

I liked the PS90 a lot, though!

-B

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Deputy friend of mine has one for his long gun, personally owned. he loves his but it is very odd looking and did take a while to get it up and running.

·
Registered
261 Posts
thanks Super...... it's not gonna be a "go to" gun for me, but I like the round for a fun gun..... now I'm not sure it's gonna be worth the bother to build one.
I have a pet peav for buying something you have to work on to MAKE it work..... know what I mean?
Anyway, thank you for the info!

·
Registered
96 Posts
My friend has a both an FN 5.7 and a PS-90, really fun and unique range toys but they rarely get taken out because ammo is so expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts