Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It is indeed a hate crime, committed by racist youth who think that they can get away with it because that's what the media has told them - and I reckon I better shut up now.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Not a hate crime because the victim was white, reverse the skin tones and its MSM headlines, riots.
Mag Limits? Hardly matter when 1/3 the people on a gun forum carry less than 10 rounds anyway.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Well there is a move to redefine Racism. The Oxford Dictionary states "....typically one that is a minority or marginalized: "
But I've always been against the idea of Hate Crimes, My thought is all crime is "hateful" and meant to belittle, control, intimidate, bully...etc.
So in that context I'm just pleased they actually have arrested, or are looking for these thugs. When caught I hope they are prosecuted and convicted.
Magazine limits, totally against them but not because it'd help in a "mob" attack. But for reliability issues and odds on numbers of attackers 6 (revolvers) to 10 fits ok. Carry extra mags for Semi-autos in case a mag fails, etc... Normally though there are so many factors, one of which is as long as the victim is still functional once the gun is presented, or fired, the others will flee thereby a large mag isn't a plus, unless one is unlucky enough to run in that 1 in a million group! Conversely if one is unconscious and armed, you may have just armed a thug!

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Two views from my chair...

One, anyone who has ever seen first hand some of the horrible things one human can do to another, will immediately come to understand that all of that, ALL of that, is a crime fueled by hate.

Two, such sweet little boys. They are going to be praying every night they had fallen in with Jeffery Epstein and his romper room associates. Getting married every night in prison is a LOT worse than beating someone up.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
The "suspects" (perps) are all ID'd and it's just a matter of time until they're picked up. Not surprising that they're wanted for an earlier beat down, as well.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
I hope the victim testifies against these people and let them spend some time in jail. In addition, I hope he files civil litigation against these people for financial damages, medical bills, intentional infliction of emotional distress, etc. The adults will have to pay, but for the kiddos, their parents will have to pay. I say take them for all they have because otherwise the message is that crime pays. They should be forced to pay mega $$$.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Victim had both hands occupied (was carrying groceries in each hand). Victim "allowed" the several perpetrators to approach him much too closely, much too quickly--especially if he had recognized that these were the same people with whom he earlier had exchanged unpleasantries inside the store.

Maybe keep your strong hand unencumbered. Maybe begin backing up, sidestepping, back towards the store entrance, as soon as you spy the group seeming to approach you. Maybe drop the groceries NOW, and prepare to draw from concealment, if the group continues to approach you even though you have changed direction, even despite your verbal warnings. Be mindful of what might be coming at you from behind.

Clearly, a case where I would much prefer to have been CC-ing my M11-A1 than my K9, due to capacity.

However, if CC-ing at the time, I hope I would have been very careful, indeed, with what I said to these people inside the store, and how.

Very scary.

rx7sig

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Victim had both hands occupied (was carrying groceries in each hand). Victim "allowed" the several perpetrators to approach him much too closely, much too quickly--especially if he had recognized that these were the same people with whom he earlier had exchanged unpleasantries inside the store.

Clearly, a case where I would much prefer to have been CC-ing my M11-A1 than my K9, due to capacity.

However, if CC-ing at the time, I hope I would have been very careful, indeed, with what I said to these people inside the store, and how.
I don't see a capacity issue as I'm certain you'd only have to shoot one before the others would scatter. Their tactics tell that they are cowards who need a 5 on 1 advantage to press an attack.

I do completely agree about avoiding the verbal dispute in the store. I wouldn't have called them out for jumping the line as it's just not worth it. But if things were said you can bet I'd have been on high alert afterwards, and certainly would keep my strong hand free. They came at him fast, don't know if he could have responded before the first punch even if alert. It's a tough call. You don't want to draw on somebody unless you have to and he had no real time to decide that. But I do think he could have responded after that if he were armed.

If I'm ever hit with a sucker punch like that and knocked to the ground, unless I'm knocked senseless I'm considering it life or death and will respond accordingly. Even more so when I know there are multiple attackers.

Every time I watch that video I feel bad for that guy and angry that stuff like that often goes unpunished.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@rx7sig your tactical analysis is spot on. But in this case, the victim stated he chose to take the beating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts