Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My great wife bought me a new Colt series 70 45 auto for Xmas so I deceided I would look around for a new holster I usually just buy Sparks or El Paso but wanted to try something different so acutally was looking at lightining Arms for Sparks and saw some they had some 5 Shot leather so I ordered one and let me tell you it is some outstanding leather I have been shooting and buying holsters for 40 years and 5 Shot is some of the best I have ever seen I even called and told them so and ordered a mag pouch they aint cheap but good stuff is worth the price. Give 5 shots web page a glance and you will see what I mean. Meanwhile Happy New Year to everyone on the best forum on the web

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I will check hem out.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Although I have never seen one of his holsters, the consensus is that John is one of the absolute top makers.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
What kind of discount did you get for putting in a plug for them ? LOL..... good to know personal experiences with products.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
It is interesting to note that when Lou passed away, Lightning Arms was interested in finding another maker with similar high quality to provide another line of top notch holsters.

After examining John's work they now stock his holsters. I consider that good evidence of 5 Shot holsters quality.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
477 Posts
It is interesting to note that when Lou passed away, Lightning Arms was interested in finding another maker with similar high quality to provide another line of top notch holsters.

After examining John's work they now stock his holsters. I consider that good evidence of 5 Shot holsters quality.

Regards,
Jerry
It looks to me that John at 5 Shot either was mentored by Lou or was actually related. I wouldn't be surprised if his holsters are nothing short of excellent.

·
Registered
242 Posts
5 Shot makes great holsters and is a GREAT guy to deal with. Lou was John's mentor and friend.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
IMHO...................John Ralston makes the finest holsters with the best craftsmanship and materials around bar none. We own 4 for our 1911's, Sig220 Compact, S&W MP340. Would not buy any other.

The IWB Burton is simply the best and another level above the other commercial grades available mentioned in some of these threads.

5 Shot Leather............:hand10:

·
Registered
242 Posts
What holster model did you actually buy ?
I'm not sure if that question is for me, but I have an IWB for a commander and an ankle for a j frame.

·
Registered
729 Posts
John's not only a friend but a top notch holster maker. He will go out of his way to make sure you are happy with your order and if not will take care of it. As an example the last rig Lou Alessi made for me was a cordovan/shark CQC/S for my HK P7s. I received the holster but never the matching double mag pouch that I ordered and paid for. Right afterwards Lou went back in the hospital but during one of our weekly talks assured me the pouch was finished. The current "Alessi crew" swears ignorance and every time I approach them I cannot get a straight answer. John heard about it and had me send him a pic of the holster and is currently making the pouch for me. He needed the pic as Lou's cordovan was very different than all the others and required a lot of work to match. John also wanted to ensure that he matched the sharkskin pattern. This is definitely going the extra mile and true customer service. The work coming out of 5 Shot currently puts the "New Alessi" to shame!!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
John's not only a friend but a top notch holster maker. He will go out of his way to make sure you are happy with your order and if not will take care of it. As an example the last rig Lou Alessi made for me was a cordovan/shark CQC/S for my HK P7s. I received the holster but never the matching double mag pouch that I ordered and paid for. Right afterwards Lou went back in the hospital but during one of our weekly talks assured me the pouch was finished. The current "Alessi crew" swears ignorance and every time I approach them I cannot get a straight answer. John heard about it and had me send him a pic of the holster and is currently making the pouch for me. He needed the pic as Lou's cordovan was very different than all the others and required a lot of work to match. John also wanted to ensure that he matched the sharkskin pattern. This is definitely going the extra mile and true customer service. The work coming out of 5 Shot currently puts the "New Alessi" to shame!!
That is the sort of thing that separates even the top makers. If I ever need another holster I am going to give John a call since I don't have one of his.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts