Defensive Carry banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The weight sure keeps the recoil down :)

Reactions: flh

·
Registered
81 Posts
The local indoor range has one to rent, and when you do, you get one round. (I haven't shot it yet.)

When it is rented, the RO comes into the range and tells everyone to stop firing and step to the back of the room, and "be ready". Even doubled up with my earplugs and 26 NRR earcups, it is L-O-U-D.

What impresses me is that the range is maxed out at 30 yards. Must be one heck of a backstop. I've heard that a 50 can punch a hole in cinder block wall at over a mile.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have had the opportunity to shoot 2 different .50bmg rifles. The first was a Barrett bolt action with the big chevron type muzzle break on it and the recoil was not bad at all. The blast from the muzzle break was another story! The 2nd rifle I shot was somewhat of an odd rifle that was a single shot and used some thread on set up to close the chamber. Odd rifle, looking back on it I wonder how safe it was to shoot. Anyway, that thing had a bunch of felt recoil to it!

The day I shot the "odd" .50bmg I also got to shoot 2 variation of S&W 500 magnums! yeehaw! Great fun!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts