Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a heavy gun. I just bought a 4" version. Still at the dealer waiting for backround check to complete.
I would love to carry it sometimes, wondering if anybody does that. Concealed, that is.

Thanks.
floyd

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'm assuming you're refering to a S&W m-64. Wouldn't be my first choice, but if it's what you prefer, why not?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I don't own a Model 64 or Model 10 but I do sometimes carry other K Frame revolvers, (M 19 and M 15). Dress around your Model 64 and use a good holster and belt combo and you won't have a problem. I like to use a FIST #12 holster and a Beltman belt along with a pair of Perry suspenders for revolvers of that size and weight. I don't find a 4" K Frame S&W difficult to carry or conceal. I'm 5'9" and weigh about 165#.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
People conceal mouse guns and cannons, anything is possible if you 'dress for the weather'...:rolleyes:

For an excellent holster, shop here...
HOLSTERS

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
An S&W Model 64 is not a heavy gun. If I can CC a larger, heavier 4" S&W N-frame or 4" Ruger GP100 on a 31" waist, you can CC your K-frame. I CC'ed a Model 19 and Model 66, both 4" K-frames, like your 64, in a Sparks 200AW or a now-discontinued Eagle Industries IWB rig. I also did, and sometimes still do, CC a 4" Ruger Speed Six in a Milt Sparks PMK holster; a Speed Six is a very near-twin of a Model 64.

These days, I usually CC the same P229 pistols I use for police duty, so the Speed Six is getting a break, but when I no longer have to tote a .40 autoloader at work, I will go back to using the Speed Six, at least some of the time; all-day comfort, especially in that Sparks PMK, and fairly easy to conceal.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Close to it, my cold weather daily carry is a S&W 686+, weighs the same as your 64 but holds 7 rounds of 357 Magnum flavor.
For some people the weight is objectionable, but it doesn't both me at all.
With a quality holster and the right clothing you should have no trouble carrying the 64.
At 5'4" and 125 pounds as long as my shirt is long enough I don't have any problems with hiding it, under the clothing I normally wear(jeans & sweatshirts).
If you like carry it, and remember a Smith & Wesson beats 4 aces anytime:smile:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shaming me will get you everywhere. :redface:

Close to it, my cold weather daily carry is a S&W 686+, weighs the same as your 64 but holds 7 rounds of 357 Magmun flavor.
For some people the weight is objectionable, but it doesn't both me at all.
With a quality holster and the right clothing you should have no trouble carrying the 64.
At 5'4" and 125 pounds as long as my shirt is long enough I don't have any problems with hiding it, under the clothing I normally wear(jeans & sweatshirts).
If you like carry it, and remember a Smith & Wesson beats 4 aces anytime:smile:

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
I carry a Ruger Security Six 4in in my new safariland CC paddle holster & it's
Comfy ; ) It's mostly in the bush, but a few family BBQ's. H/D

·
Super Moderator
19,882 Posts
One of my bedstand guns is an M64... factory DAO, 2" barrel. Got it used from an on-line auction and it feels like it's had a trigger job. Sweet gun, often carried around the house (I'll get a holster one of these days) in a back pocket. Looks like the pic below except it now wears smooth Secret Service grips by Eagle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Smitty, that is a beauty:image035:
Meet Lucille

my little friend:smile:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
You don't have to be fat to appreciate suspenders. Nothing better than Perry Industrials for load bearing equipment.
Perry Suspenders

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I don't conceal a Model 64, but I have been known to carry various 4" N-Frames in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II.

Biker

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have a couple Desantis holsters that conceal well and are very comfortable with my 3" or 4" K frames. They are reasonably priced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts