Defensive Carry banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
As someone who will turning 70 this year I am aware of the issue. I have used words like "elderly" and "Granny" when I've posted here before and have been made aware some do not appreciate the term. That's why I didn't use them in my post. At the same time though if someone wants to think, based on my age, that I won't be able to defend myself against whatever nefarious acts he might be planning, well I see that as an advantage. It has great potential to turn into an "Oops" minute for him.
I am known by two wonderful children as "grandpa" and would never be offended if someone else referred to me as grandpa. However, I'm only 62 years old and far from elderly.

On a humorous note, when I was visiting the children a few weeks ago my little four-year-old granddaughter heard my daughter-in-law call me by my first name. She quickly corrected her mother saying that's not "Ed", that's grandpa!

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
It's safe to say the bg....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ep1953

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Hey, I'm over 64 and I sure don't feel "elderly". And, give that lady a ceegar, nice shootin' ma'am. Ya think his buddies in crime might think before they attempt to break into someone's home again? Nah, prolly not.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mike can likely clarify but I dont believe a ccw is required to carry a gun oc in ohio.
Not sure what there is to investigate. Home invader, gets shot, end of story.
Unless its that duty to retreat thing in Ohio maybe?
CCW is not required to OC in Ohio. And Ohio's castle doctrine protects us pretty well regardless of CCW as long as it's inside the house. If you're in the house uninvited, it's a safe bet you're here to harm and not for tea. No duty to retreat if I understand the law correctly.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Reporters are uneducated morons, at least the crop of them now. They fail to report anything accurately most of the time and their choice of descriptive words is appalling. "Elderly" at 64? I will be 60 in September and I bet some idiot reporter would call me "pre-elderly."

Good for the lady. She capped some home invading thug and he got 1,000 % of everything he deserved even at 16. Reporter never expounded upon his age, guess there was not a better moniker....like.....small child or something like that.

Sadly, this seems to be the wave of the future. Youth think they can get by with anything except getting a good education and going out to find a good job instead they resort to this behaviour. Well, he got punched out for the last time.

The thing that burns in me is that the Police are saying they are now "investigating" to see if the shooting was justifiable. Really? We need a "he probably needed killin' law" for home invading maggots instead of investigating the real victim.

·
Banned
894 Posts
A person has been killed. There always will be an investigation made and a report filed, and it will be reviewed by the appropriate attorney . A deliberate killing of a human should be investigated. In this case, it will probably show "justified". Without the investigation, how would you know. We know you can not depend on the media to get the facts right, and that is all we have to go on. For all we know, she killed the kid she hired to wash her windows. You're dealing with people. People lie.
That being said, I think the girl did well. No reports of collateral damage. She is still whole and healthy. And , IMHO, the world has one less thug, and possible two others who have an incentive to turn their lives around- and who may qualify for a murder charge, if home invasion is a felony in Ohio.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
The sad part is that "they are trying to decide if she will face charges."

3 young men broke out her window and were in the process of entering, she defended herself and could possibly face charges. That's just wrong.

·
Banned
894 Posts
Yes Doug, you are right. But in a case like this the investigation should take about 15 seconds.
Takes longer than that to fill out the paperwork. First, the cop has to finish the donut, clean up, ask our elderly shooter if she would like tea or bourbon . 64 is just coming into adulthood.
My wife pointed out that she was working at 64, and I was working kids into the ground at 66.

Reactions: ep1953

·
Registered
898 Posts
OK This young lady did the right thing. Its sad that some young prosecutor might try to charge her. I'm sure they will be a lot of people calling his office if they do..

·
Registered
623 Posts
What the HECK difference does her age have to do with it?
It don't matter if she is 16 or 96, another BG is out of commission. GOOD REDDENS!

One of my PET-PEEVES! Just because someone is a bit older than average too many think they are out-of-touch? :rolleyes:
It just makes for a good headline when grannny kicks some buttock!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
As someone who will turning 70 this year I am aware of the issue. I have used words like "elderly" and "Granny" when I've posted here before and have been made aware some do not appreciate the term. That's why I didn't use them in my post. At the same time though if someone wants to think, based on my age, that I won't be able to defend myself against whatever nefarious acts he might be planning, well I see that as an advantage. It has great potential to turn into an "Oops" minute for him.
Well, SOME need to grow up...or just not read a post with no personally directed prose that they might find offensive.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Too me, if you want to call me Elderly I'm going to smile and keep on truckin.
If my age gives me some extra latitude when it comes to my method of defending myself.

I'll take it.

So what if I've had, and still train, in HTH Combat training and posses a better than average shooting skills.
Plus so what if my 20/20 20/10 eyesight and am 6'1" and weigh in a 220 full muscle may be overlooked because of the snow on the roof.
AND, if my carrying a hand cannon because of a perceived age disadvantage is less of a issue for the PoPo because I'm 65. Good for me!

You want to call me old man, go ahead.
Bad Guys want to attack me because my hair is grey!

That's going to be a mistake, because I'm going to take advantage of your misconception of OLD.
Right before I kill you!

Because it's like they say. "Don't mess with an Old Man, because he's to old to fight, he'll just kill you instead".
And let's not forget, us Elderly Men can be a little surly when it comes to dealing with Punks.

As for 64 year old Granny in this story.
You go Girl!
You show them Punks that just because you have some years behind you, you can still aim and pull a trigger.

A 12ga will do the job very well.
If this punk survives, he will always remember the day he screwed his life and face up by picking the wrong door to break down.
If he doesn't, his two accomplices will sure remember that day.
A win win for all!
I like your way of thinking... Still a youngin myself at 58, (I do have grandkids. They call me Papaw) I get called old man by some of my friends and peers. I take it as a term of endearment. Then I just tell them, "I didn't make it to 58 by not knowing how to take care of myself". I don't need to prove my manhood to anyone. I've already been there. Anyone who chooses me to be their victim because they think I'm "old and frail" is gonna have a bad day... Just sayin
You go Gamma :brutal7:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I am a 73 year old person. I do not consider myself an"elderly" person just because there is snow on the roof!
Granny tried to send a violator of the law to lawlessness prison, but needs more time at the range, as the article confers.
I would ask her to attend an advanced class for shotgun pellet placement! Her accuracy did not make the outcome permanent, in my view!
As the "Beach Boys" song of the 60's said! Go Granny Go!!
Tom in Oregon. TKH

·
Banned
894 Posts
Or as we elderly types like to call ourselves, "adults."

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I am a 73 year old person. I do not consider myself an"elderly" person just because there is snow on the roof!
Granny tried to send a violator of the law to lawlessness prison, but needs more time at the range, as the article confers.
I would ask her to attend an advanced class for shotgun pellet placement! Her accuracy did not make the outcome permanent, in my view!
As the "Beach Boys" song of the 60's said! Go Granny Go!!
Tom in Oregon. TKH
It looks like the article says the 16 year old intruder died so that is about as good a job of shooting as you can do.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts