Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this compares to the experts out there but spent 30 mins at the range today on the way home and ran a few good targets in a row. 7 round mags. Each target had at least 3 bullets through the same hole. I was pleased! Colt Defender 3" Barrel:hand5:

Range 25ft

____

____

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Oh, oh, you got one in the blue...:gah:

:joke: Great shooting.:hand10:

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
I really like the Defender. Glad that your pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Not sure how this compares to the experts out there but spent 30 mins at the range today on the way home and ran a few good targets in a row. 7 round mags. Each target had at least 3 bullets through the same hole. I was pleased! Colt Defender 3" Barrel:hand5:
Range 25ft
Congrats . :congrats:

now try double taps same distance , then try it at 50ft. :wink:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I tried dbl taps last weekend and I am not good at them. Any hints, tips? Im pretty sure the second shot isnt on the target at all? :gah:
Dry fire to find your splits. I personally just can not get good times as good on Beretta M9/Glock triggers as I do on a 1911. other people can.

I have heard that a laser (even a cheap one) will show your muzzle's movement without firing a shot, I haven't tried this method though.

If it's possible get yourself videotaped. you may be flinching, adjusting your grip too much etc that may only be visible to a third party.

IMO, If you can't get tape, get training.
There are few people I trust to teach me shooting, friends or not. I know how to shoot but we can all use help shooting better. You need to evaluate where you are as a shooter and decide how you want to go about improving.

There isn't anything wrong with entering some competition to get some trigger time, and be evaluated against/by other shooters. If you're primary reason for shooting however is self defense you should get training geared towards that. (Gunsite/Thunder Ranch et al.)

Just my opinion. Remember - this is supposed to be fun :santaclaus:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Just Winchester White Box 230gr.
Well that can account for the one flyer in the blue...

M203Sniper has about the best advice for improvement. I can't add to that.

I will say, what you got now will more than likely save the day in any encounter.

I'm impressed.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
For me on double taps I start out slow working on accuracy,once I get some good slow double taps,then I will work on speeding up a little while making sure I still get good consecutive shot placement,as you get better just speed it up a little more until before you know it your doing fast accurate Double taps,after that then practice some mozambique,double tap COM followup failure to stop with head shot.Start out at closer ranges around 5 yards and then work out to 10 yards ,once you get good there then extend out to 25 yards,remember accuracy is the key,a good fast miss isn't worth squat

1 - 20 of 20 Posts