Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,794 Posts
Good for her, but I just have to say the following. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Why do the media make an issue of age when a person is elderly and uses a gun in self defense?

I don't get it.

Just because you're old doesn't mean you're helpless. Nor is exercising a natural right extraordinary for an elderly person.

Seems like people think it's novel when an elderly person fights back, when, if fact, the older person has probably been though a lot more than many of the people doing the reporting, and is probably mentally tougher.

"Oh, a sweet little old lady helped herself. How divinely cute...."

Makes me want to figuratively slap the reporter silly.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Good for her, but I just have to say the following. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Why do the media make an issue of age when a person is elderly and uses a gun in self defense?

I don't get it.

Just because you're old doesn't mean you're helpless. Nor is exercising a natural right extraordinary for an elderly person.

Seems like people think it's novel when an elderly person fights back, when, if fact, the older person has probably been though a lot more than many of the people doing the reporting, and is probably mentally tougher.

"Oh, a sweet little old lady helped herself. How divinely cute...."

Makes me want to figuratively slap the reporter silly.
Very well said and I agree whole heartedly. I'm wondering if I fell off my horse would the headlines read "GRAND PA SURVIVES FALL FROM HORSE!"

·
Registered
748 Posts
These three paragraphs make this story just precious!

Cooper said she is amazed by the anger in her voice — and the curse word she let fly — after she fired the shot.

"I am a Christian woman and I'm very proud of it and I don't curse, but after I shot, rage took hold and I just blasted away," she said. "And, in fact, afterwards my husband said, 'I've never heard you talk like that!'"

The stunned intruder apologized to Cooper after she fired, she recalled, telling her, "I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm leaving. Please don't shoot."
Nothing like a gun-packing, swearing old granny to put a little bit of respect in a person.

Reactions: DamselInDefense

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Nicely done.

Perez had a rap sheet that included other burglary and narcotics charges and was on parole and staying at a halfway house not far from the Coopers' address,...
What a dirtbag. Sounds like she came within inches of saving the taxpayers a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If she lived anywhere in my region i would invite her to the range for practice.

Reactions: mprp

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I'm glad that she was able to defend herself. Thats is exactly why we have guns. Good for her

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Glad to hear that young lady and her husband are OK. That BG sure did get lucky..

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Normally crooks don't try to break into houses that have large dogs, it is often a loosing proposition.

Just goes to show ya, statistics don't mean much when you're the exception. Also, you can't count on a crook being smart enough to know what's good for him.

It could have been interesting though if the dog had gotten to him.

Reactions: ccw9mm

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
Rock on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts